Rash Guards

sdbb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What is a really good rash guard JJ brand? I'm looking for an inexpensive one.

I have a Manto long sleeve and it's the best rashguard I own, besides my Marcelo one but that has sentiment attached to it.

I've got the sinister one and its awesome,
its a little on the small side though so i'd buy a size up if you do go for it?

905.jpg

really don't like under armour, feel like the fabric is too weak for grappling. go with Koral :D

really don't like under armour, feel like the fabric is too weak for grappling. go with Koral :D

Why would the thickness matter for grappling? Its not meant to be armor!

I used under armor and Hayabusa, I like the Hayabusa ones a lot more but the UA ones are real cheap

UA is a cheap and good rash guard. I think a lot of proper rash guards are too thick (trap too much heat.)

What is a really good rash guard JJ brand? I'm looking for an inexpensive one.

The Mizuno is much better made than UA and Wal Mart stuff and much less expensive than the BJJ marketed stuff and it has a plain/classic look. Boomers has the LS for like $32. I highly recommend it.

Rash Guards are for surfing, as far as BJJ is concerned they are extremely over priced. if you must wear something under your gi and are cheap just get the walmart special or just rock a t-shirt for no gi.

Rash Guards are for surfing, as far as BJJ is concerned they are extremely over priced. if you must wear something under your gi and are cheap just get the walmart special or just rock a t-shirt for no gi.

He didn't say if he was using it for gi or no gi. Rolling no-gi I exploded my last UA/Wal Mart style rashie in about a month. If you are wearing it under a gi almost any kind of moisture wicking t-shirt is fine, the ones I wear I get for about $10-$15.

Why would the thickness matter for grappling? Its not meant to be armor!

I used under armor and Hayabusa, I like the Hayabusa ones a lot more but the UA ones are real cheap

b/c in no gi that shit RIPS

try not to wear just a t-shirt for no gi. people's feet get caught in that shit all day. and the cotton holds onto moisture like a sponge, where as the lycra or whatever material wicks moisture away.

Anyone got any recommendations on a rashy that retains it's shape? One of the rashguards I use (Sinister) fit fairly properly, but it's slowly getting stretched out.

Is this a washing problem? I use the washing machine on delicate with cold water and hand wash detergent, and dry it in the dryer on low moisture and low heat.

shirts rip but more than that. Loose shirts have a tendency to get caught up in peoples feet/toes/fingers. I have seen people almost get hurt because someone had a loose t shirt on.

That black and white Under Armour Blitz is not cheap I think its close to $50us. Their ****l series is even more. I like Nogi for a reasonably priced rashie. Got mine at SSF for some where around $30. Which is about what long sleeve heat gear costs retail.

I also dig on the Sprawl grappling shirts but there closer to $45us. Which I think takes them out of the cheap category but still a good buy for the money.

Under a Gi I wear cheap walmart stuff.

Back