• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Raquel Pennington vs Irene Aldana ESPN4 San Antonio July 20 2019

Who wins?

• Total voters
Nunes vs Aldana is the fight of the night to make.
Aldana isn't ready yet. She seemed to be having some trouble with Bethe on the feet before she pulled off that submission. I was expecting Irene to be much more dominant.

Another WMMA bout you say?!!

I can hardly contain my excitement.

That's actually a nice fight is Pennington keeps it standing. Doubt she does though, so I'm going with Pennington by Dec. Irene's and Alexa's wrestling is weak.
Aldana isn't ready yet. She seemed to be having some trouble with Bethe on the feet before she pulled off that submission. I was expecting Irene to be much more dominant.
And this too, I expected her to smoke Bethe with her superior boxing. She still needs to work on head movement and overall defense.

Last edited:

She was throwing the same shit over and over in that fight. She didn't have confidence in her combo's.

Heart says Aldana, head says Pennington. War Irene!!!!

Pennington is like a younger version of Evinger in many ways, so Aldana better come in ready to really throw down (and healthy).

If Raquel loses, I think she'll retire. If Irene wins, she'll have to be considered a legit Top 10 contender and be ready to take a serious step up in competition.

Jarl

Nice. I saw a rumor that Pennington was Cyborg's next opponent, was really hoping that was wrong.

Aleksei Oleinik vs. Walt Harris, Raquel Pennington vs. Irene Aldana among new UFC on ESPN 4 bookings
https://mmajunkie.com/2019/05/aleks...irene-aldana-among-new-ufc-on-espn-4-bookings

Didn't Pennington quit the sport?

giphy.gif

Rocky really isn't that good and this is another perfect matchup for Irene, but she's underperformed so far in the UFC in similar matchups vs Smith and Bethe.

She has great tools but she kinda lacks mental fortitude IMO (she's mentioned being nervous in the Smith fight, and now she mentioned it a lot about the Bethe fight as well, even in her first Invicta weigh in you can see on her face she's actually rather shy).

Nonethelss I have to pick her to win by KO again and then be disappointed again when she eeks out a close split dec instead.

This has the potential of being a total war, or a complete snoozer. Flip a coin.

Last edited:
Aldana can definitely win this but it's not a gimme fight like Bethe should have been.

Given the respective levels of competition they've faced, I think Pennington will take it.

Rocky really isn't that good and this is another perfect matchup for Irene, but she's underperformed so far in the UFC in similar matchups vs Smith and Bethe.

She has great tools but she kinda lacks mental fortitude IMO (she's mentioned being nervous in the Smith fight, and now she mentioned it a lot about the Bethe fight as well, even in her first Invicta weigh in you can see on her face she's actually rather shy).

Nonethelss I have to pick her to win by KO again and then be disappointed again when she eeks out a close split dec instead.

She does not sit down enough on her shots to get a KO. Too bad, as I think she has the potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FELIPETHEEAGLEVEIGA
Back