• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rap music's Mount Rushmore?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1.Eminem

2.Lil Wayne

3.Eazy E

4.Tupac

Hon mentions Will Smith, Dr Dre, Biggie.

who's on your list? why. I chose Em 1 because he's considered the king of free style, or battle rap.And I guess what can be described as the kinda non theme of his rap. it's not party, it's not gangsta, it's not conscious, it's just Rap and it sells.

1.Eminem

2.Lil Wayne

3.Eazy E

4.Tupac

Hon mentions Will Smith, Dr Dre, Biggie.

who's on your list? why. I chose Em 1 because he's considered the king of free style, or battle rap.And I guess what can be described as the kinda non theme of his rap. it's not party, it's not gangsta, it's not conscious, it's just Rap and it sells.
Why...is...Will...Smith...on...this...list!?

Why...is...Will...Smith...on...this...list!?

Well some might argue that wills transcendence of rap is similar to the Rock's transcendence of pro wrestling. and Will can rhyme. You're not one of those guys that looks down your nose on "party", or "conscious" rappers are you?

Well some might argue that wills transcendence of rap is similar to the Rock's transcendence of pro wrestling. and Will can rhyme. You're not one of those guys that looks down your nose on "party", or "conscious" rappers are you?
All that garbage those dudes spew is just that...garbage.

But, I did grow up with their music (unfortunately), so I know what's popular and the impact many of them had.

All that garbage those dudes spew is just that...garbage.

But, I did grow up with their music (unfortunately), so I know what's popular and the impact many of them had.

Getting jiggy with it is garbage?!?!?

@jf

Yeah a lot of rap i'll agree is morally reprehensible. and like you some of it offends my Christian sensibilities. But I'm mature enough (not saying you're not) to listen to rap simply as entertainment. I view Rap, no different than I view violent, or action TV shows and movies.

For example, I've watched the Movie Scarface probably 12 times in my adult life. I've yet to have a desire to sell blow, or bang hookers(ahem), or shoot mofo's, or refer to my friends as Cavrone.

Just saying man.

Last edited:
you sound like an east coast rap fan. yet you have snoop at #1?
I'm just a hip hop fan
in general. They both have
their qualities. My picks are
based off style(originality),
significance & skill.
& in no particular order

But hey, I could be wrong...

Yo, don't you mean mount bum rush the show more?

Back