Rank these lightweights legacies

I just watched Benson vs Pettis 3 in karate combat, and although it wasn’t terrible… it wasn’t very good. So it got me thinking about lightweight and how deep it is. Although some of these guys legacies aren’t completed yet and still seemingly in their prime, I’d like for you to rank them in order on who you think had the better career.

1. Pettis
2. Benson
3. RDA
4. Giblert Melendez
5. Eddie Alvarez
6. Chandler
7. Poirier
8. Gaethje
9. Mcgregor
10. Tony

This isn’t my list, just an example of ranking guys 1-10.
I know some of these guys were different eras, so it’s hard to compare.

I really do think if you take these guys in their prime, any one of these guys could have beaten each other on any given day for the most part.

Some of these guys had shorter primes but reached higher peaks, while others have been tried and true yet never fully became UFC champion.

I think I’d put nearly all of them in the UFC hall of fame, except Melendez who didn’t accomplish a lot in the UFC imo. And Chandler but he has the be top 3 most exciting fighter to ever compete in the UFC, so he deserves a spot

Know that I understood the OP here's the list :

1. Pettis
2. Benson
3. RDA
4. Alvarez
5. Poirier
6. McGregor
7. Gaethje
8. Chandler
9. Tony
10. Melendez

Ranking gets a bit tough after #5 honestly. The fact that Poirier helt an interim and Conor an undisputed title prevents you from ranking them lower

I always regard Benson as the 2nd best LW of all time legacy wise right behind Khabib. So I have him on top of that list. It was very impressive what Benson was able to do in his prime.

Conor on the list is a fuckin joke and takes all credibility away from you OP. Was that your goal? Conor with only 1 win at LW, is ranked 9th?

biden-sniff.gif
You have a point. But at the same time you can’t read can you ya fookin cunt

Conors 1 win at LW is better than the massive long win streak Tony had at LW?
No the fact that you are still arguing with me. Reread the OP and you will understand brother.

And if it’s too long or hard for you, just read the first sentence right under the list.

No the fact that you are still arguing with me. Reread the OP and you will understand brother.

And if it’s too long or hard for you, just read the first sentence right under the list.
LW legacy, Tony > conor. 1 win at LW is a terrible legacy. All bark no bite.

LW legacy, Tony > conor. 1 win at LW is a terrible legacy. All bark no bite.
Bro my list wasn’t even a real one it was just an example. You’re so stubborn and fucking retarded jesus. You’re literally arguing with no one so congrats, you triggered me merry christmas

Bro my list wasn’t even a real one it was just an example. You’re so stubborn and fucking retarded jesus. You’re literally arguing with no one so congrats, you triggered me merry christmas
I know it was an example but one you came up with and it was shit. Conor shouldn't have ever been on that list let alone above Tony. I'm glad you outed yourself with your terrible list.

I just watched Benson vs Pettis 3 in karate combat, and although it wasn’t terrible… it wasn’t very good. So it got me thinking about lightweight and how deep it is. Although some of these guys legacies aren’t completed yet and still seemingly in their prime, I’d like for you to rank them in order on who you think had the better career.

1. Pettis
2. Benson
3. RDA
4. Giblert Melendez
5. Eddie Alvarez
6. Chandler
7. Poirier
8. Gaethje
9. Mcgregor
10. Tony

I really do think if you take these guys in their prime, any one of these guys could have beaten each other on any given day for the most part.

Some of these guys had shorter primes but reached higher peaks, while others have been tried and true yet never fully became UFC champion.

I think I’d put nearly all of them in the UFC hall of fame, except Melendez who didn’t accomplish a lot in the UFC imo. And Chandler but he has the be top 3 most exciting fighter to ever compete in the UFC, so he deserves a spot

Edit: For those who can’t read, I purposely left out guys like bj, Khabib, Islam, oliveira, and Frankie. I consider them a tier higher than in legacy, except maybe Frankie but the dude was a damn bantamweight the whole time. Plus bjs second half of his career was a real mess lol
1.Conor
2.Edgy
3.Benson
4.Pettis
5.Poirier
6.Gaetjhje
7.RDA
8.Chandler
9.Giblert
10.Tony

What I like about this thread is that it implicitly acknowledge that Beeb, BJ, and Frankie are the GOATs. This here is all the B tier LWs.
prime bj has a winrate of only 50 percent
i dont know but if your in your prime and its always a 50/50 chance u win
why the hell are the other guys lower than him

I know it was an example but one you came up with and it was shit. Conor shouldn't have ever been on that list let alone above Tony. I'm glad you outed yourself with your terrible list.
God damn you are such a retarded piece of shit. I can’t imagine how hard it is to deal with you in real life.
You are the first person in 10 years to go on my ignore list

prime bj has a winrate of only 50 percent
i dont know but if your in your prime and its always a 50/50 chance u win
why the hell are the other guys lower than him

Sorry sir, but no. That’s just you arbitrarily deciding when BJ’s prime was based on birthdate because it suits your narrative. Haters do the same thing to Fedor.

BJ only lost to WW GOATs/champions during his prime and a future LHW champ in an OW fight. Jens beat him very early on, but that was avenged handily. BJ’s LW accolades include more top ten wins than most everyone on that list (tied with Bendo and Eddie) and tied with Bendo for defenses.

If you wish to dig your heals in and try to make the case for either of those guys being better than BJ, go on ahead.

1. Pettis
2. Benson
3. RDA
4. Giblert Melendez
5. Eddie Alvarez
6. Chandler
7. Poirier
8. Gaethje
9. Mcgregor
10. Tony

Edit: For those who can’t read, I purposely left out guys like bj, Khabib, Islam, oliveira, and Frankie. I consider them a tier higher than in legacy, except maybe Frankie but the dude was a damn bantamweight the whole time. Plus bjs second half of his career was a real mess lol
I thought Benson won that Karate Combat fight.

Yeah. I think their careers did benefit a bit from not being in the UFC.

Problem with Pettis/Bendo/RDA is nobody really secured that #1 spot. The belt was being passed around like a hot potato.

And then Justin/Dustin/Tony never even got to the #1 spot

Alvarez won gold in UFC and was a top 5 guy for years winning multiple world titles.. he's clear cut #1. Melendez and Chandler 2 and 3. Then you can really put Bendo/Pettis/RDA in any order.

Conor probably lower than the other guys who didn't win titles, just because his career was at FW not LW.

Chandler and Gil both above a guy with 3 ufc title defenses (bendo) is kinda crazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back