Rank these 5 Movie Stars based on their popularity and relevance in Hollywood

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Rank these 5 Movie Stars based on their popularity and relevance in Hollywood, not currently but their career as a whole.

Johnny Depp
Brad Pitt
Leonardo DiCaprio
Will Smith
Tom Cruise

5. Johnny Depp

Theyre all ranked below Tom Hanks

you don't like Depp?

I'm not making any judgments personally. But I wouldn't say his "stock" is at an all time high. Everyone is tired of seeing him in makeup, he looks like Keith Richards lately and he is fending off accusations about his personal life and behavior.

Depp in Black Mass was so fuckin weird with that vampire makeup

I'm not making any judgments personally. But I wouldn't say his "stock" is at an all time high. Everyone is tired of seeing him in makeup, he looks like Keith Richards lately and he is fending off accusations about his personal life and behavior.
I honestly see him ahead of Will Smith

I honestly see him ahead of Will Smith

I don't at this point in time. I think Will Smith still brings some cache to a movie. Depp is almost a deterrent at the moment.

Rank these 5 Movie Stars based on their popularity and relevance in Hollywood, not currently but their career as a whole.

Johnny Depp
Brad Pitt
Leonardo DiCaprio
Will Smith
Tom Cruise
Ranking for now, and not their whole careers, because it's more interesting:
  1. Leonardo DiCaprio
  2. Tom Cruise
  3. Johnny Depp
  4. Will Smith
  5. Brad Pitt
Brad is disinterested. Apart from Deadshot Will seems more preoccupied with his kids. Depp was one of the least profitable actors in 2017, I think the biggest marquee money loser in the world, but you can't be the biggest turd floating in the bowl, and be labeled insignificant. Cruise is still churning out blockbusters, and DiCaprio is sort of the de facto King of Hollywood, right now.

The MCU has been killing the leveraging power of stars. That peak is in the past. Now, franchises like the MCU (or GoT) matter more to carrying a marquee than a name, and if an actor/actress thinks any identity in that universe is indispensable, look no further than Terence Howard and Edward Norton (or Ed Skrein). Only a few of these stars have real leverage, like Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth, and that leverage only applies within the MCU. Outside it, studios know that you can't expect a major return just because a particular name happens to be attached to a project. That used to be how it worked.

*Edit* Depp would have been the bottom star in 2015. That was the year of Black Mass. I recall that from the article. Meanwhile, Chris Evans had the best ROI of any major star that year in relation to his salary.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back