• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rank the Star Wars films 1-9; Where would you rank The Last Jedi among the other Star Wars movies?

Where would you rank THE LAST JEDI among the other Star Wars films?

• First - the best among all the Star Wars movies so far

• Second - 2nd best among the Star Wars movies

• Third

• Fourth

• Fifth

• Sixth

• Seventh

• Eighth

• Last - the worst among all the Star Wars films

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mine is very similar though I like A New Hope better than Return of the Jedi and think I might put Revenge of the Sith slightly above the Force Awakens.

The tough ones for me are where I would rank the two A Star Wars Story movies. I thought Solo was one of the most purely entertaining Star Wars films after the OT. It may not hit the highs of the best Star Wars films, but it has few of the detracting the factors that have been apparent in some of the other Disney ones in my opinion.

I think I might put Solo and Rogue one both right under The Force Awakens. But possibly right above...

I'm comfortable with the first three slots and the bottom three but those middle spots- 4, 5, 6, and 7- I feel like The Force Awakens, Rogue One, Solo, and Revenge of the Sith are all pretty close in my view and could conceivably be shifted around in any of those places without much issue.
Haven't seen solo or rogue one so couldn't properly rank them. As a kid I liked ROTJ more, but rewatching them as an adult the high stakes and dark tone of Empire stand out more to me.

It was the movie that showed just how dangerous the empire and Vader really were. A new hope comes in last because the first movie in a trilogy usually has too much setup for me to enjoy as much as the later films. ANH is still fantastic though.

While the overall plot is derivative, TFA was just so fun for me and was the first movie to FEEL like a star wars movie since the original trilogy. And I liked the plot points they were setting up for part two. I don't think ROTS is a very good movie mainly because the bad direction and how miscast Anakin is. I never really felt like he was Vader. However this movie has less council meetings and walk and talks and more action, and most of the action is actually pretty good. And I think the opening of the movie with the rescue of Palpatine and their fight with Dooku was surprisingly well done.

I hate TPM and it's only redeeming qualities imo were Liam, Ewan, and Maul. They save the movie from being a complete abomination and the climactic battle is tense, exciting and well choreographed. AOTC is even worse, the only movie I've tried to watch several times without being able to get through it. Just a bland, boring disaster. So by default of having a few good scenes and being at least watchable, I put TLJ just above it.

Last edited:
AOTC has Count Dooku therefore it is better than TPM

Dude is underrated

Where would you rank The Last Jedi among the other Star Wars films?

- Star Wars: Episode I - The Phanom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
- Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

7mkyCqr.jpg

Drew%2BStruzan%2B-%2BStar%2BWars%2BPosters.jpg

To give your movie ratings on The Last Jedi, click here:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/3676193/

It's easily the worst. My ranking...

9. The Last Jedi
8. The Force Awakens
7. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones
5. Rogue One
4. Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
2. Return of the Jedi
1. Revenge of the Sith

I have not yet seen Solo, so I don't know where I would rank it. But, it can't be worse than The Last Jedi or The Force Awakens.

This is one of the most perfect examples of the fact that the movie is only 2/3rds told. Everyone's worked up about knowing nothing about the powerful Snoke before he's killed... but it was just held back for the finale. Right now we're shocked by it, but in the hindsight of knowing all 3 movies... I expect it makes more sense when Snoke is further explored.

Is this seriously your defense? This is exactly what we were trying to tell you in that other thread. Movies need to stand on their own. Snoke was garbage in this movie. They threw him away in the dumbest fashion and we never even got to find out anything about him. Your response is seriously to wait for the next movie after he was killed in this movie? Give me a break.

As it stands with what we currently know... Snoke's place was to show how Kylo came to become the leader of the biggest miliary force in the Galaxy. That is very understandable in the 2 movies... so mission accomplished. There is more to it than that though... that will be explained in the next movie.

First off you're guessing an explanation will come in the next movie for something that should have been in this movie. How the hell is that a defense? You are essentially admitting that you can't defend him in this movie. It was simply poor character development and poor story telling.

The narrator in the video mocks Snoke for saying that he knows Kylo's every intent... & then mocks the fact that Kylo killed him after Snoke said that. However, the narrator of the video is completely missing out on the idea that Snoke was aware of Kylo's intention to kill him. Snoke even mentions Kylo "turning the light saber" as the one next to Snoke is being turned by Kylo. So Snoke obviously knoew Kylo was going to kill him & he allowed it to happen. I have a couple of theories as to why that might be... and they are all obviously just speculation... but again... It's too soon to get too worked up over the lack of Snoke's back story & why he allowed Kylo to kill him... when the story has a finale that we haven't seen.

This is pure assumption. You are doing exactly what Mauler from the video says is a bad cop out. You are doing the writers job for them by making your own story because they did a bad job. It's baffling to me that your defense of this horrible character development is to wait until the next movie after the guy was already killed. Snoke was near useless. He could have been extremely interesting instead he was a throw away character we don't care about because we don't know him at all.

We can speculate about it... but to be completely dismissive of it without knowing the rest of the story doesn't make sense to me. If there's a substandard payoff in the next movie... then I will riot in the streets with you... but I'm willing to allow the mystery to not be revealed until the final act. I have no problem with that.

You really think fans should wait until the THIRD movie to learn anything about a major character? A character that is already dead. That is such nonsense. We are talking about his movie. Not the next one.

Sorry this is going to get longer... but the I just wanted to make a point about what the narrator of the video says about JJ & Rian writing against each other. I find it strange to hear people who think Disney just gave their 4 billion dollar asset off to a couple of writers & told them to do whatever the hell they wanted. That didn't happen.

They may have had some gaps to fill... but you gotta know that Disney had the general path planned. They didn't just write one movie with no clue where they were going afterward. Lets just get real for a moment about that. This whole thing about writer vs writer is a ruse imo.

It's very apparent that JJ did his movie and then Rian did whatever the hell he wanted in the second movie. It's so obvious considering how much Rian ignored from the first movie. Like the map to Luke for instance. It was such a big deal in the first movie and then in TLJ it meant nothing. Luke didn't even want to be found.

Kelly Marie Tran closed her social media due to toxic fandom. Congrats, losers.

Is this seriously your defense? This is exactly what we were trying to tell you in that other thread. Movies need to stand on their own. Snoke was garbage in this movie. They threw him away in the dumbest fashion and we never even got to find out anything about him. Your response is seriously to wait for the next movie after he was killed in this movie? Give me a break.

First off you're guessing an explanation will come in the next movie for something that should have been in this movie. How the hell is that a defense? You are essentially admitting that you can't defend him in this movie. It was simply poor character development and poor story telling.

This is pure assumption. You are doing exactly what Mauler from the video says is a bad cop out. You are doing the writers job for them by making your own story because they did a bad job. It's baffling to me that your defense of this horrible character development is to wait until the next movie after the guy was already killed. Snoke was near useless. He could have been extremely interesting instead he was a throw away character we don't care about because we don't know him at all.

You really think fans should wait until the THIRD movie to learn anything about a major character? A character that is already dead. That is such nonsense. We are talking about his movie. Not the next one.

It's very apparent that JJ did his movie and then Rian did whatever the hell he wanted in the second movie. It's so obvious considering how much Rian ignored from the first movie. Like the map to Luke for instance. It was such a big deal in the first movie and then in TLJ it meant nothing. Luke didn't even want to be found.

100% agree

Hated TLJ but people going after an actor for doing their job is pathetic.

I thought she did well with what she had but thought the character was pointless and unnecessary.. Same goes for Laura Dern's character.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars
3. Return of the Jedi
4. The Last Jedi
5. The Force Awakens
6. Episode I - The Phantom Menace
7. Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
8. Rogue One
9. Solo
10. Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Huh was harder to do.. I may flip flop a few times :p

I don't support the harassment of actors over parts they have played.

I didn't like her character, but that's a criticism of the writer. Her performance was adequate.

Not sure why you're saying congratulations ITT as if people should be happy about that.

Last edited:
1. Episode IV- A New Hope
2. Episode VI- Return of the Jedi
3. Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back
4. Episode III- Revenge of the Sith
5. Episode II- Attack of the Clones
6. Episode VII- The Force Awakens
7. Rogue One- A Star Wars Story
8. Episode I- The Phantom Menace
9. Episode VIII- The Last Jedi

Politically, you and I are polar opposites.

But on about EVERY other subject - MMA, TV, Movies, Star Wars - we are damn near carbon copies.

1. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
3. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
4. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
5. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
6. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phanom Menace
7. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
8. Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
9. Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

I may re-evaluate after I rewatch TFA. I, for some reason, HATED it when I seen it for the first time. Maybe it's not that bad.

The prequel trilogy, clone wars era is the best. The movies aren't so hot but that era is filled with Star Wars lore. So much going on, so many awesome characters and so many awesome story's to tell.

That era is rich in Star Wars goodness.

I would take more movies from that era in a heart beat

Episode three is so high because we all begged for more epic lightsaber battles and it delivered better than any other film in the series. Hell, if you rank them by lightsaber fights it goes 3, 2, 1, 8, 6, 5, 7, the rest.

I think the dudes using the lightsabers really does it for me; for example, Vader and Maul just look cool af, while Count Duku is just an old dude.

This isn't the appropriate thread for a discussion specifically about TLJ... so I've moved the convo to TLJ thread.
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/141843317/

I would put the Battle for Endor above The Last Jedi. I cant think of a single aspect of this movie that is good for the Star Wars lore.

Back