Rani Yahya appreciation thread

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Heres a guy who has the ability to submit any fighter on any given night. His ufc record is 11-4 with losses to mainly title contenders. Seems like a nice guy and at age 35 he is still going for it. I tip my hat to Rani, always been a fan, definitely one of the unsung fighters around.

Add Iuri Alcântara to the list too. Two under appreciated guys.

This thread has been a long time coming! Dude has some of the best guard passing in MMA!

His side control submission chain (kimura, north south choke and arm triangle) has brought him numerous victories, he is so proficient with that series, even people who know whats coming, cant stop it!

Literally my favorite bjj guy to watch!

If he was a better wrestler he'd be an elite contender, once he gets on top of people they're in serious trouble.

Yeah he's a beast. Weirdly I didn't hear about him in the grappling world before he was in mma, but I guess hr had a good career there too. Especially at a time when grappling has been dominated by roided up fast twitch guys, I Iike his slow style.

Yeah he's a beast. Weirdly I didn't hear about him in the grappling world before he was in mma, but I guess hr had a good career there too. Especially at a time when grappling has been dominated by roided up fast twitch guys, I Iike his slow style.
He doesn't do much gi, and before the explosion in no gi, people didn't really pay much attention to ADCC/other no gi tournaments. Unless Marcelo came up in conversation.

His sub win over Jish Grispi was the sweetness.

He has some of he best bjj in mma and has been fighting for a while I remember him fighting in Hero's

Big fan of his. Aggressive passing always going for the submission. He doesn’t look particularly athletic and has average striking but he’s really built up an impressive record in the ufc.

Back