Randy jo's new movie Expend4bles named worst of the year

To the surprise of absolutely no one

I didn't watch the third and barely remember the first 2. I just remember in the second one there was tons of them just doing their old tag lines and basically winking into the camera. It was way too corny.
Yeah one of those good ideas on paper

It's funny to me how Cobra Kai (season 1 only) managed to hit all those marks with a much lower budget, bad writing, and a good soundtrack.
I don't know what you're talking about - Cobra Kai (season 1 and beyond) was great. It managed to bring back all the nostalgic characters we love, while adding a level of depth that the movies (particularly the sequels) never had.

I don't know what you're talking about - Cobra Kai (season 1 and beyond) was great. It managed to bring back all the nostalgic characters we love, while adding a level of depth that the movies (particularly the sequels) never had.

That's the thing. I didn't even love those characters. But I listened to the radio in the 80s and lived in the valley in the 2000s and the director is all like MOTHERFUCKER I KNOW YOU. EAT THIS NOSTALGIA!

Lol, I've watched the show for a while and have never seen Campea that animated about how bad a a movie is. Considering it has an 18 percent on Rottentomatoes, it doesn't surprise me. Never seen an Expendables movie and definitely wont start with this one.

Lol, I've watched the show for a while and have never seen Campea that animated about how bad a a movie is. Considering it has an 18 percent on Rottentomatoes, it doesn't surprise me. Never seen an Expendables movie and definitely wont start with this one.

The first two were decent, not bad films at all.

The first one was a decent nostalgic popcorn action flick. The second one sucked a dead donkeys dick. I never even attempted to watch the third one, and I sure as shit won't bother with the fourth.

People are hard on this franchise. I really enjoyed the first two for bringing action heroes who were (nearly) all relegated to straight to DVD/streaming purgatory back to the big screen. The third one fell short the moment they had the new recruits take over from the old guys.

It's funny to me how Cobra Kai (season 1 only) managed to hit all those marks with a much lower budget, bad writing, and a good soundtrack.
Cobra Kai season 1 had bad writing? I guess I learn something new everyday.

I've still never seen one Expendables movie. Same with F&F.

His acting was the best in the movie as well. Again...by a good margin. Van Damme actually learned to act quite well around age 50. Stuff like Universal Soldier: Regeneration is a junk movie...but the reason to watch it, believe it or not, is the acting by Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren. They actually run circles around the "working actors" who are in the other supporting roles. Actors with long careers who have made those careers on their acting and not their looks or physiques.

Van Damme has some great deliveries of middling dialogue in Expendables 2. Over so soon? I want my money's worth!
Don’t forget JCVD. Awesome movie and Van Damme’s acting was the best part of the movie.

I liked the first 2 expendables movies. They weren’t great but they were fun for what they were. 3 was just too bad. Mel was great, I didn’t even like the movie and 4 is worse from the sound of it. For a movie about guys being expendable mercenary, they sure come out pretty well with minimal casualties in each movie. Especially since most are old guys.

The only thing I remember about Expendables 1 was the Nogueira brothers as nameless soldiers/bodyguards for the villain and them having no lines and being disappointed about it.

I liked Van Damme in Expendables 2 though, thought he was the best part of that movie.

I would have to say, Expendables 1 was one of the biggest letdowns ever. there was only one redeemable scene from mickey Rourke.

the fight scenes were garbage, as were the action scenes. I've seen better actoin from one of the many straight to video Liam Neelson films.

Back