Random facts you may not have known about actors/actresses and movies

In Django Unchained, The scene were Leonardo Dicaprio's character cuts his hand on the table was completely unscripted. The blood was real, as well as Kerri Washington's reaction to having it smeared on her face.

That second part is not confirmed, and I suspect bullshit.

Probably well known but I'll say it anyway.

Bruce Lee's son Brandon Lee died after being shot accidentally on set for the movie 'The Crow'. The parts he had filmed still remained in the movie though.

On an episode of Saturday Night Live, John Belushi accidentally put a gash in Buck Henry's head on the back swing of his sword in the skit "Samurai Stockbroker." Buck Henry continued with the broadcast and the rest of the cast wore matching bandages in the remainder sketches.

I bring it up all the time in these threads but Kris Kristofferson was a Rhodes Scholar and a captain in the US Army. He was a helicopter pilot and a Ranger.

Wizard of Oz subsection
In The Wizard of Oz, Frank Morgan played five parts. When the costume department purchased a second-hand coat for his part as Professor Marvel, they discovered that the coat was originally owned by and tailored for Frank L Baum.

Buddy Ebsen (The Beverly Hillbillies, Barnaby Jones) was to be the Tin Man but he had a serious allergic reaction to the make up. It's his voice singing Off To See the Wizard in all recordings.

The "hanging Munchkin body" has long since been disproved but Margaret Hamilton, who played the Wicked Witch of the West, received second and third degree burns when the flare for one of her fiery exits, ignited her make up. The make up contained copper that began to melt into the skin on her hand and face. Her stunt double, Betty Danko, was permanently scarred on her legs from an accidental explosion during filming.

Jonathan Brandis (Pennywise 'It' the Clown, Seaquest, Sidekicks), committed suicied at age 27 in 2003 in his apartment with friends, after they had been out for a meal together. He was allegedly devastated about his acting career stalling.

Justin Pierce (Next Friday, Kids), committed suicide after he found out his girlfriend had cheated on him, he was on the powerful drug crystal meth at the time. He was only 25.

Daniel Pollock (Romper Stomper, Proof) committed suicide after throwing himself under a train right after Romper Stomper filming had finished after being romantically involved with Romper Stomper's co-star Jaqueline Mackenzie. He was only 22.

Jonathan Brandis (Pennywise 'It' the Clown, Seaquest, Sidekicks), committed suicied at age 27 in 2003 in his apartment with friends, after they had been out for a meal together. He was allegedly devastated about his acting career stalling.

Justin Pierce (Next Friday, Kids), committed suicide after he found out his girlfriend had cheated on him, he was on the powerful drug crystal meth at the time. He was only 25.

Daniel Pollock (Romper Stomper, Proof) committed suicide after throwing himself under a train right after Romper Stomper filming had finished after being romantically involved with Romper Stomper's co-star Jaqueline Mackenzie. He was only 22.

Way to kill the mood.

It was "believed" that Antonio Banderas and Angelina Jolie had real sex on the set of the movie Original Sin.

jeremy-renner-battleship.jpg

Jeremy Renner was offered the role before Taylor Kitsch. :eek:

The character Dottie from Gone Baby Gone is who they based the voices for the rest f the female cast members. They had to listen to recordings of her talking. Plus she recently got arrested and her mug shots are awful. I can only imagine the characters name is a play on Dot/dotrat short for Dorchester.

Not only did Meg Ryan fuck Russell Crowe while they were filming together on PROOF OF LIFE, she fucked her own career.

I'm only kidding.

It was the plastic surgery that ruined everything.

During the funeral scene in Ghandi (which I'm sure 99% of sherdoggers have watched) had 300,000 extras!!!!!!

1. You may know that Eddie Murphy turned down an offer to possibly star in Ghostbusters before Hudson took it. What you may not know is that the original cast for Ghostbusters was Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, John Candy and John Belushi. Murphy and Candy weren't interested and Belushi died before the project took off.

2. In Star Wars Episode I, Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) repeatedly uses a communicator to contact Obi Wan and others. The communicator was nothing more than a lady razor

3. There are no Ferraris in Ferris Bueller, just painted MGs. It was too expensive to wreck and rent that particular model

4. During the making of Lord of the Rings, each actor who played a member of the Fellowship got a real tattoo that says Nine on them

5. In the infamous street market chase scene in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones meets a swordsman before shooting him. Originally, Indiana was suppose to engage in a long fight scene that resulted in Indy disarming the sword with his whip. The day they shot the scene, Harrison Ford was too ill to finish the scene and just whipped out his prop gun and shot him. The crew liked it so much that they used it in the film

1. You may know that Eddie Murphy turned down an offer to possibly star in Ghostbusters before Hudson took it. What you may not know is that the original cast for Ghostbusters was Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, John Candy and John Belushi. Murphy and Candy weren't interested and Belushi died before the project took off.

2. In Star Wars Episode I, Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) repeatedly uses a communicator to contact Obi Wan and others. The communicator was nothing more than a lady razor

3. There are no Ferraris in Ferris Bueller, just painted MGs. It was too expensive to wreck and rent that particular model

4. During the making of Lord of the Rings, each actor who played a member of the Fellowship got a real tattoo that says Nine on them

5. In the infamous street market chase scene in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones meets a swordsman before shooting him. Originally, Indiana was suppose to engage in a long fight scene that resulted in Indy disarming the sword with his whip. The day they shot the scene, Harrison Ford was too ill to finish the scene and just whipped out his prop gun and shot him. The crew liked it so much that they used it in the film

Some cool facts there, esp the ghostbusters info

Will Smith also turned down the role of Neo

Robin Williams also turned down the role of the Riddler in Batman Forever

Didn't be turn down Neo to star in that Wild Wild West debacle?

yup ^ to will smith

my second toe is the same height as my big toe

and damn...i didnt know the kid from Sidekicks killed himself....what the hell man

Sean Connery was offered the role of Gandalf, but, of course, he didn't accept it.

Connery admitted that he didnt' know much about the LOTR and he didn't think it was going to be a big deal. He had such regret he decided to not turn down the next "random" film, which turned out to be League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Not exactly on par.

Buddy Ebsen (The Beverly Hillbillies, Barnaby Jones) was to be the Tin Man but he had a serious allergic reaction to the make up. It's his voice singing Off To See the Wizard in all recordings.

The iron-knee (teehee) was that though the paint dust ravaged him internally, buddy would outlive the rest of the principal oz cast by like 15 years.

Also ironic was an early simpsons joke in which Kent Brockman asks "the wizard of oz munchkins, where are they now?" with the joke being a cut to a gravesite. In actuality, most of the munchkins outlived all of the main oz cast, and many of the underlings as well. As of this day, all but one of the surviving cast with screen time are munchkins.

Are you saying it was a spontaneous take?
Like the stunt guy playing the sword wielding villain didn't know harrison was going to shoot and played dead on cue without knowing he was going to do it?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back