News Rampage Jackson eyeing MMA comeback in 2023, targets Darrill Schoonover as ‘dream opponent’

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

The MMA legend and former UFC light heavyweight champion said Monday on The MMA Hour that he is targeting late 2023 for his first bout since a 2019 loss to Fedor Emelianenko. Jackson, 45, said he’s hoping to fight for the United Fight League (UFL), an upstart promotion with which he serves as a brand ambassador alongside Frank Mir and Tito Ortiz.

“So this is what I’m thinking: I really want to promote the UFL, and so I would like to do a warm-up fight there,” Jackson said on The MMA Hour. “I’d do a warm-up fight in the UFL and see where that goes, and I still want to do a boxing match before I get too old. I’m 45 now, and I want to get that boxing match out of the way before I get too old.”

“I’m thinking I might fight around about December in UFL,” Jackson added, “because I haven’t fought in three years.”

Jackson (38-14) said his “dream opponent” for his comeback would be Darrill Schoonover, a former cast member on Jackson’s season of The Ultimate Fighter 10, with whom “Rampage” infamously feuded with on the show. Schoonover (14-8) has not fought professionally since 2014, however he told MMA Junkie in 2016 that a grudge match against Jackson would be one fight that would convince him to drop everything and come out of retirement.

Gonna be choreographed - especially given his dream opponent's rhetoric. The problem is, even if you are gonna do WWE 'fight', you need to have stamina for a good show - and Rampage's stamina is only good for eating these days.

The MMA legend and former UFC light heavyweight champion said Monday on The MMA Hour that he is targeting late 2023 for his first bout since a 2019 loss to Fedor Emelianenko. Jackson, 45, said he’s hoping to fight for the United Fight League (UFL), an upstart promotion with which he serves as a brand ambassador alongside Frank Mir and Tito Ortiz.

“So this is what I’m thinking: I really want to promote the UFL, and so I would like to do a warm-up fight there,” Jackson said on The MMA Hour. “I’d do a warm-up fight in the UFL and see where that goes, and I still want to do a boxing match before I get too old. I’m 45 now, and I want to get that boxing match out of the way before I get too old.”

“I’m thinking I might fight around about December in UFL,” Jackson added, “because I haven’t fought in three years.”

Jackson (38-14) said his “dream opponent” for his comeback would be Darrill Schoonover, a former cast member on Jackson’s season of The Ultimate Fighter 10, with whom “Rampage” infamously feuded with on the show. Schoonover (14-8) has not fought professionally since 2014, however he told MMA Junkie in 2016 that a grudge match against Jackson would be one fight that would convince him to drop everything and come out of retirement.

At this point Quinton Jackson has bigger titties.

Rampage has fallen so far he's calling out Titties. It would be funny if they fought though and I'd root for Titties to beat his ass.

Reactions: lsa
He maybe in better health today, but you can't train motivation in the gym and Rampage has lacked that for a long time.

Schoonover probably kicks Rampage's ass nowadays.

He fought Fedor?

Damn, am I ever out of the loop.

Sad tbh. Fighters should realize the money you make from fighting should be considered investment money. You need to turn that money into passive income.

THIS!

Rampage was such a dick I wouldn't mind seeing Schoonovers knocking him out cold

Back