• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rampage got robbed

Some of the scores in here remind me of how awful some of y'all are at scoring

Rampage took a stupid approach of only boxing Forrest.

Pride Rampage would have slammed him and smashed his brains in via the old ultra violence.

UFC Rampage was mostly a boxer under the coaching of Juanito Ibarra. Lost the tools that really made him special.
Juanito sharpened up his boxing for sure but was a shit head coach and a horrible cornerman.
Rampage got his legs kicked to fucking pieces by Forrest, and he lost his aggressive style that made him exciting and effective.
He had the chin to just go for it, so it was dumb to play all conservative and fight for decisions.

Haven’t seen the fight since it happened, but I remember pulling for Rampage to win and thinking Forrest did enough to take it.

I'd have to re-watch to have an opinion on who won... however, being the champion has no bearing on how the fight should be scored.
It should not but often does
A reigning champion often gets the benefit of the doubt in a close decision.

Haven’t seen the fight since it happened, but I remember pulling for Rampage to win and thinking Forrest did enough to take it.
Forrest definitely beat him. Took him down and mounted him in one round, beat him up pretty good. Rampage seemed like he didn't show up that day.

It should not but often does
A reigning champion often gets the benefit of the doubt in a close decision.
I agree, however you specifically said that you felt he should have because he was champion.

Forrest definitely beat him. Took him down and mounted him in one round, beat him up pretty good. Rampage seemed like he didn't show up that day.
I need to rewatch it since it’s been so long. I do remember the guys I was watching it with pissed that Page lost and me telling them Forrest did enough to win it.

Back