Rampage admits Jones knee kicks messed up his knees

Dana hates Rampage and he's no longer in the ufc so he'll dismiss everything he says as bullshit.

Could somebody shed some light on how these kicks are viewed in muay thai and kickboxing. Because if they are legal there, then why should they be banned in mma?

Could somebody shed some light on how these kicks are viewed in muay thai and kickboxing. Because if they are legal there, then why should they be banned in mma?

Some kickboxing formats they are illegal. As has already been posted, they are illegal in the WKA, and I think they are illegal in the old American style kickboxing formats as well(all kicks above the waist).

Rampage just admitted on his new reality show that Jon Jones knee kicks fvked up his knees from their fight. So apparently its ok to potentially mess up someone knee with a fast side kick but a slowly applied heel hook is a 'deadly technique'.:eek:

Amazing all the hypocrisy coming out of MMA these days.

BTW here is the clip from the show:

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/dbjq4t/rampage4real-rampage-braces-himself

Hypocrisy, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Those kicks are nasty as fuck. And it totally amazes me how people screaming and yelling about Paul Harris holding on to the sub for one second, just brushes this off because it's only Rampage, and he's just bitching and moaning. Double standard doesn't look good on anyone.

Hypocrisy, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

"Claiming to have moral standards your behavior does not conform to"

i.e., claiming one technique is too dangerous and you are concerned for the safety of a fighter while simultaneously praising another technique that is shown to be too dangerous.

Hypocritical and a double standard.

Well then, why didn't Rampage tap out after the first one that hurt him? Shit, this would be like Big Nog complaining that Frank Mir hurt his arm.

That Rampage follow around show was awful. Pretty much highlighted why he lost his last 3 fights.

I'm sure the +10 years of training and then fighting in a cage didn't affect his knees at all. Nor did the Forest Griffin fight....

Those kicks really screw your knees.

knee_medium.gif

Not illegal though.

I remember Rampage saying that spinning elbows should be illegal as well.

Lol that shit looks painful

This whole thread is built on... well nothing.

Palhares is gone because he can't consistently follow the rules, has a history of it, and is a cheater. That's all there is to it.

Oh, lets limit all striking in MMA to only strikes without any possibility of damaging an opponent.

This is so stupid. I always hear about how these teep kicks can cause such devastating damage but no one can point out when its happened.

I have no doubt Rampage has knee problems. Its hardly uncommon after nearly 15 years as a pro fighter.

CLIFFS: Lots of tard up in this thread.

I have no doubt Rampage has knee problems. Its hardly uncommon after nearly 15 years as a pro fighter.

According to him it started after Jones hyper-extended his knee with a kick.

Its possible he could have had some minor overuse injuries to his cartilage and Jones kick completely blew it open.

Rampage just admitted on his new reality show that Jon Jones knee kicks fvked up his knees from their fight. So apparently its ok to potentially mess up someone knee with a fast side kick but a slowly applied heel hook is a 'deadly technique'.:eek:

The way the whining about Paul Harris seems to evolve is like a virus mutating. It isn't about the techniques or the damage they inflict, because are legal maneuvers. The reason why there was a problem with the heel hook is because it was held after the ref intervened

According to him it started after Jones hyper-extended his knee with a kick.

Its possible he could have had some minor overuse injuries to his cartilage and Jones kick completely blew it open.

Id love to see a gif of this devastating blow.

One happens during the fight the other after the fight is over...that is the difference.

Back