Rafa Mendes: Deep X 04 Match

netbjjer420

Green Belt
Reaction score
From their official youtube channel, I looked it up and I guess this match was from July 2009 and his opponent is Katsuya Toida.

Just thought I'd share it, Rafa's sweeps to the back are always real impressive. Enjoy!

I know DEEP puts on pure grappling matches. How many do they do and how much do they pay the fighters?

No offense but man that other guy looked like he had no clue what was going on.

No offense but man that other guy looked like he had no clue what was going on.

thats just how good rafa mendes is!

toida represented japan in adcc, he is no noob. hes also beaten yano in grappling.

Sweet match, just got done watching ADCC 2009 and am amazed at how good Mendes is nogi.

I seriously doubt they pay them 10 grand per match... just sayin.

look,

he needs to train to submit the person and there is no time limit, you know what kind of wide sweeping changes that is for a person who trains bjj?

/sarcasm

Like I said, this match was from July 2009, before he won the Worlds, Europeans, Nationals, and ADCC, which were his leverage for not accepting the 10k offer.

Like I said, this match was from July 2009, before he won the Worlds, Europeans, Nationals, and ADCC, which were his leverage for not accepting the 10k offer.

i thought he did not accept due to the fact that he would have to train to fight until submission.

i do not recall rafa making a counter offer to the 10k, so i am not sure about that leverage.

i thought he did not accept due to the fact that he would have to train to fight until submission.

i do not recall rafa making a counter offer to the 10k, so i am not sure about that leverage.

Uh oh! Here we go.... :icon_neut

I would kill a puppy in front of a little girl just to have Rafa put out a DVD on his back takes from guard.

I would kill a puppy in front of a little girl just to have Rafa put out a DVD on his back takes from guard.

lulz.

You are a sick, sick man.. how dare you say a dvd and not a book that comes with a dvd enclosed.

It's obvious that Rafa likes the $$$ so it's definitely time for him to come up with a professional DVD set a la his rival Cobrinha's 7-volume series.

Back