Racist outraces past, in race against time, racially betrays racism.

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Article here (link) It's a very interesting article which pits the image the former KKK leader wants to paint of himself with the image of what his Belize neighbours know -- or don't know -- about him.

A former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan who now lives in Belize, alongside the very race of people he fought to segregate, has told Daily Mail Online: 'I don't hate blacks… Ain't that something?'

Breaking his 30-year silence Bill Wilkinson – once the most powerful white supremacist in the world - hit back at claims he is a racist.

Speaking from the sun-drenched hotel resort he owns and where Daily Mail Online tracked him down, Wilkinson said: 'Don't call me racist, I don't hate blacks.

'I never have hated blacks, I still don't hate blacks, I don't hate anyone.'

But in a baffling contradiction Wilkinson added that he had not 'changed' since his KKK days.

He said: 'I'm just a Bible-crashing segregationist. I still believe in segregation, that's how it should be.'

Happy with black friends:

26842BB800000578-0-image-a-38_1426196422393.jpg

2684246000000578-2992318-Relaxed_Bill_Wilkinson_says_he_likes_the_lifestyle_in_Belize_whe-a-21_1426520936223.jpg

26842A1700000578-0-image-a-9_1426192516197.jpg

"Bill Wilkinson in Baton Rouge, LA, in 1977, when he led what the FBI warned was the most dangerous and violent version of the KKK. Unlike other KKK leaders, he was happy to show his face"

268B790000000578-0-image-a-10_1426193160573.jpg

"Bill Wilkinson at his paramilitary training camp in Alabama. He is the only one in civilian clothes. The camp was one of the reasons the FBI warned about his group's danger."

268B78DB00000578-2992318-Violent_Bill_Wilkinson_at_his_paramilitary_training_camp_in_Alab-a-24_1426520936551.jpg

"Armed: As well as advising his followers to use weapons, Wilkinson - photographed at his headquarters in Bogalusa, LA, in 1976 - was often accompanied by an armed bodyguard"

268B79CE00000578-2992318-Armed_As_well_as_advising_his_followers_to_use_weapons_Wilkinson-a-25_1426520936565.jpg

Wilkinson fist-bumped the man and gave him a Gatorade to quench his thirst and seemingly enjoyed their shared humor.

But he became unhappy when our reporter began to detail to Kurt some of his old friend's more extreme racist views.

'If you're gonna talk like this I'm gonna leave,' Wilkinson said.

But Kurt clearly has the measure of his friend, he said: 'He may think that, but that's not what everybody thinks.

'He speaks like we can't all live together, but he's living in a fucking town where all the people live, you've got black people, you've got Mayans, you've got Creoles, you've got Spanish.

'It takes a mentally insane person to think like that.'

The article details the history of Klan violence in the late sixties and how he manged to wrest the mantle of leadership from David Duke in a behind-the-scenes power play reminiscent of Game of Thrones. And now, decades later, he struggles hard to deny that he played any part of his own considerable efforts.

The man who once set up armed paramilitary training facilities for the KKK and created youth programs to indoctrinate children tries to deny hateful statements he once made, like when he said Viola Liuzzio (below) deserved her murder for mixing races.

26648DF600000578-0-image-a-41_1426197249622.jpg

2695D19800000578-2992318-Murder_Viola_Luizzio_was_murdered_in_her_car_on_US_80_by_Klansme-a-15_1426520935597.jpg

Lol, there's not many people in the world who'd ever admit to being racist, including him.

An Imperial Wizard? I am going to guess his race is Imperial.

latest

Well Joe, it seems you need to be educated on the true meaning of racism. Racism can only exist within a system of oppression, hence in America and Europe only strait White men can be racist. This man lives in Belize, a country dominated by people of color and as a White man he is thus an oppressed minority that cannot be racist.

[YT]Y9uMArSeg38[/YT]

While some may say that what this man has done is unforgivable, I kind of see this as a story of redemption. Assuming his change of heart is genuine, then good for him.

If even the most ardent racist in the United States is capable of realizing our differences are only skin deep, then there is hope for everyone.

Well, one certainly can be pro-segregation without being racist. The former means that you believe keeping different races separate would lead to a better functioning society. It doesn't necessarily require any sort of belief of supremacy, which racism does.

But this is a level of nuanced thinking most SJWs are either incapable of engaging in or deliberately wear blinders to.

Maybe he has come around, good for him. We definitely shouldn't forget his past, but I don't think we should lord it over him either. If he's genuine, then second chances are appropriate. If he's not, he's in fucking Belize lol.

Catchy title is catchy. Guess my race?

Actually pretty funny. So once he became old he realized his Social Security wouldnt sustain him in Loozana and had to move to Belize with all the darker people just to survive?

Well, one certainly can be pro-segregation without being racist. The former means that you believe keeping different races separate would lead to a better functioning society. It doesn't necessarily require any sort of belief of supremacy, which racism does.

But this is a level of nuanced thinking most SJWs are either incapable of engaging in or deliberately wear blinders to.

So besides skin color what traits would be singled out and used as a rationale to segregate people that wouldn't imply one trait is superior to the other?

Actually pretty funny. So once he became old he realized his Social Security wouldnt sustain him in Loozana and had to move to Belize with all the darker people just to survive?

Yeah, something like that.

Or not....

Poor guy has make do with a $3M resort in Belize, that he owns. :rolleyes:

Yeah nothing wrong with believing in segregation. And nothing wrong with believing your race is superior to others. Its when you commit violent acts against others then it becomes a problem.

So besides skin color what traits would be singled out and used as a rationale to segregate people that wouldn't imply one trait is superior to the other?

Huh? I don't see a connection. You are talking about 2 different things.

Yeah nothing wrong with believing in segregation. And nothing wrong with believing your race is superior to others. Its when you commit violent acts against others then it becomes a problem.

What defines race? Hypo/hyper pigmentation determined by your ancestors proximity to the equator? If you travel from the equator north. Can you tell me at what point people become white? It's completely arbitrary. Skin color is ONE superficial genetic trait that in no way dictates how much genetic similarity you will have to someone of the same skin color. This is basic biology and even anthropology 101. To state that segregation doesn't imply ones "race" being superior to the other is asinine. If segregation creates a "better functioning" society...then what traits are you using as the basis for segregation? I'd like to hear someone come up with one trait besides skin color that wouldn't imply that that said trait is preferable or superior to another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YMCKp5myI

You're assuming segregating two populations implies one is superior. It does not. You're injecting a judgment that doesn't necessarily exist. To use an analogy from the animal world: Imagine if a game warden notices that whenever he the llamas in the same area as the goats, they beat the fuck out of each other. When the llamas are housed with the alpacas and the goats with the sheep, on the other hand, everything's cool. For the good of the zoo, he decides he will no longer allow the llamas and the goats to mingle. It doesn't mean he believe llamas are superior or inferior to goats; it's simply his observation that their mixing does not lead to society's optimal function. A segregationist could think similarly, believing the races are better off separate but not that one is inherently superior to the other.

Most segregationists probably are racists, though once again, it's not a necessary facet of their worldview.

Back