Race horses are virgins...

fighting.spirit

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
In Rickson Gracie's "Choke", Rickson states that race horses are kept virgins until they retire. Rickson said it, so it must be true. Being Rickson, he probably found a way to have intercourse/kids and remain a virgin till he retired, heh.

Do you refrain from any sexual activity before competition? What's the status on this theory?

Depends on the person. Some people feel relaxed, some don't. I think it's all myth.

You'd figure they wouldn't let 2 feet of cock meat go to waste, but whatever works, I guess...:icon_chee

wel sex releases alot of energy from ur body so i would say there is some truth to his statement

wel sex releases alot of energy from ur body so i would say there is some truth to his statement

I saw a thing on some sport science tv show that tested this and it was proven false. I'll try to find more information.

HOW long before the competition, I wonder? 30 minutes before, ok I get how you wouldn't be feeling up for a fight, but I don't think sex the night before would make a significant impact on an athletic person's stamina. Unless it's some crazy marathonic session with 5 strippers and a donkey, I'm guessing it's fine.

Haven't you guys ever seen raging bull? You let the girl blow you for a little while and then you go in the bathroom and pour ice water on it. It's a simple equation guys... get with the program.

Haven't you guys ever seen raging bull? You let the girl blow you for a little while and then you go in the bathroom and pour ice water on it. It's a simple equation guys... get with the program.

Hahah! One of the best scenes in the movie. God that takes iron will.

In Rickson Gracie's "Choke", Rickson states that race horses are kept virgins until they retire. Rickson said it, so it must be true. Being Rickson, he probably found a way to have intercourse/kids and remain a virgin till he retired, heh.

Do you refrain from any sexual activity before competition? What's the status on this theory?

It doesn't matter what you do before a competition, this study has been done for other sports. It all points to the same shit your testosterone levels do not change significantly to make any difference in your performance levels.

It doesn't matter what you do before a competition, this study has been done for other sports. It all points to the same shit your testosterone levels do not change significantly to make any difference in your performance levels.

Biologically, sure. However, how you FEEL is totally subjective. When I have sex, I lose any sort of aggression and just wanna lounge, so sex on a tournament day is bad news bears for me.

However, the night before, it'll unwind me and I'll go to sleep with the quickness so night before the tournament is optimal for me. I know other people who get amped up from sex and it makes their "predator drive" go up. Serum testosterone is probably relatively constant, but the mental is probably where the variance comes from.

I used to do a bit of boxing years ago, and about a year into my training I got myself a new girl. I was unemployed at the time and she was a student so, needless to say, we just humped all afternoon. I couldn't figure out why I was gassing so quickly in sparring, and getting the piss beaten out of me all of a sudden. How dumb am I? :icon_chee

In Summary: Of course it affects your performance. It takes your legs away, and it fills the bloodstream with relaxant chemicals/hormones.

No matter what your take on the issues, I think we can all agree that sex during a tournament is just not right.

I used to do a bit of boxing years ago, and about a year into my training I got myself a new girl. I was unemployed at the time and she was a student so, needless to say, we just humped all afternoon. I couldn't figure out why I was gassing so quickly in sparring, and getting the piss beaten out of me all of a sudden. How dumb am I? :icon_chee

In Summary: Of course it affects your performance. It takes your legs away, and it fills the bloodstream with relaxant chemicals/hormones.

Relaxant hormones like testosterone?

In Rickson Gracie's "Choke", Rickson states that race horses are kept virgins until they retire. Rickson said it, so it must be true.

I'm not going to contradict Rickson (nor Chuck Norris... I like to live), but he's probably talking about thoroughbreds. Part of the reason they're not typically allowed to breed until they retire is the risk of injury to the horse. Thoroughbreds are bred for speed, not temperament, so putting two of them together by themselves is a recipe for disaster. Instead, it's orchestrated by a team of humans, and even then injuries can occur. Also, the value of an accomplished racer doing the breeding is MUCH higher than that of an unknown, so they want to reach the pinnacle before cashing in on that front.

As for its effect on performance (in humans), I think placebo affect and your own psychology are going to drive a lot more than any physiological affect. I'd be much more worried about somebody being off their game mentally because they did something they thought would screw them up.

I'm not going to contradict Rickson (nor Chuck Norris... I like to live), but he's probably talking about thoroughbreds. Part of the reason they're not typically allowed to breed until they retire is the risk of injury to the horse. Thoroughbreds are bred for speed, not temperament, so putting two of them together by themselves is a recipe for disaster. Instead, it's orchestrated by a team of humans, and even then injuries can occur. Also, the value of an accomplished racer doing the breeding is MUCH higher than that of an unknown, so they want to reach the pinnacle before cashing in on that front.

As for its effect on performance (in humans), I think placebo affect and your own psychology are going to drive a lot more than any physiological affect. I'd be much more worried about somebody being off their game mentally because they did something they thought would screw them up.

Pun intended? :D

Relaxant hormones like testosterone?

I don't know, but if the "clever" point you are making is that testosterone boosts aggression/performance, I recently read a scientific journal paper that stated there is zero proof of a link between testosterone and aggression. Any other physical benefits of a testosterone boost are surely outweighed by the fact you've just been giving it beans with your bird for long enough to knacker you out.

I don't know, but if the "clever" point you are making is that testosterone boosts aggression/performance, I recently read a scientific journal paper that stated there is zero proof of a link between testosterone and aggression. Any other physical benefits of a testosterone boost are surely outweighed by the fact you've just been giving it beans with your bird for long enough to knacker you out.

Even if I concede your study that says there's no link between T and aggression, there is a link between T and sports performance.

Didn't Angelo Dundee say that it was not the pussy that was the problem but the chasing after it?

Back