Quick question guys

phenomfan1529

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just bought Critical Countdown 2004. I was wathcing the Randleman/Fedor fight, & I wanted to know if the sub the Fedor used to win was a kimura or a keylock. Bas called a kimura & I know sherdog fight finder it says he won by kimura but to me it looked like a keylock. Did anybody else see this? What was it, a kimura or keylock?

definitely a kimura, which is just a keylock going the other way.

So let me get this straight - a keylock and an americana are the same thing?

cause I thought it was a Kimura and a keylock that were the same.

Terrier said:
So let me get this straight - a keylock and an americana are the same thing?

cause I thought it was a Kimura and a keylock that were the same.

The keylock and the americana are the same. Some people use the term keylock to describe a slightly different submission (think close to a bicep slicer with the arms but not quite). However, the most common usage means exactly the same as the americana.

The other terms I hear for kimura are figure-four shoulder lock, hammerlock, and paintbrush. It's also called ude-garami in judo, but the americana is also called exactly the same thing so it is confusing.

It was defo a kimura. Here, I took a screenshot.

fedorkimura.PNG

Balto said:
The other terms I hear for kimura are figure-four shoulder lock, hammerlock, and paintbrush. It's also called ude-garami in judo, but the americana is also called exactly the same thing so it is confusing.

The terms figure-four shoulder lock and paintbrush are also used to describe the americana.

Back