Quick Gi question

Vector_X

Brown Belt
Reaction score
One of my good friends is heading to Japan for a few months like he usually does every year and offered to pick me up a BJJ gi from Japan. Are there any particular brands that stand out that are Japanese and would be hard to buy outside of Japan? I appreciate the feedback in advance.

One of my good friends is heading to Japan for a few months like he usually does every year and offered to pick me up a BJJ gi from Japan. Are there any particular brands that stand out that are Japanese and would be hard to buy outside of Japan? I appreciate the feedback in advance.

ISAMI

(they don't ship internationally)

What the guy above said, Isami make great gear but I've never been able to get hold of any and since I have no intention of going to Japan it's probably gonna be a while before I do. LOL

How does their sizing run? I'm about 6'1 170 with a 31' waist 32' inseam. Thanks for the quick turnaround I appreciate it.

How does their sizing run? I'm about 6'1 170 with a 31' waist 32' inseam. Thanks for the quick turnaround I appreciate it.

isami-double-weave-gi-jacket-[4]-1054-p.jpg

Isami is the best gi I own. DOn't be put off by it being a double weave, thinking that it's heavy. It's like a light single.

Yes they do you can get them at 2 places either budo and one other the name escapes me.

ChokeSports.com (they ship to North America, EU, Asia, & Oceania).

my bjj gi is made in brazil by luciana machado, the sister of the legendary machado bros. this type of bjj gi is what u need if ur looking for something special. japan offers many great items, but if u want a brazilian JJ gi, contact brazil. best wishes.

Why a japanese gi? I guess getting a judogi from the kodokan would be pretty kick ass, just because it's from kodokan:redface:

he wants a JGi because his friend goes to japan and in my opinion japanese gis look way more stylish

Well if you get a gi from japan, it would be 30 dollars more because of the shipping, why not jump at the rare chance to get the shipping cleared.

some japanese gi is really "unique"
friend of my got a black lightbolt collar gi, that was fricking ridiculus yet awesome

You can get Isami gear thru ChokeSports and Budovideos so it's technically not hard to get it. The same goes for Reversal as well.

there's a brand called alma which i've never seen outside of japan, looks pretty good, i have a pair of fight shorts which are pretty good as well.

Back