Questions regarding to wins being changed to NCs

Jawth

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Is the fighter who originally won the fight required to return his win bonus?

Also, if you bet on the loser, is there anyway to get your money back?

Some (most?) betting places honor the result that occurred that night, regardless of later changes.

I should know.

Damn you Thiago Silva.

I'm not sure of the correct answer, but I think once its paid out its paid out, however, when somebody is suspended it usually comes with a fine that will pretty much negate the win bonus.

I have never really thought about that before. I'd be pretty pissed if I lost a bet on a fight and then it turned out the fighter that won cheated.

Oh well, I guess that's just one of the many reasons I don't bet real money on fights.

I have never really thought about that before. I'd be pretty pissed if I lost a bet on a fight and then it turned out the fighter that won cheated.

Oh well, I guess that's just one of the many reasons I don't bet real money on fights.

could you imagine the backlash if they had to go back and fix bets. Imagine what would happen with a sport like college football and if they had to go back and change up the bets for somebody like Penn State.

Is the fighter who originally won the fight required to return his win bonus?

Also, if you bet on the loser, is there anyway to get your money back?

If you bet on the loser and he didn't win, then you don't win.

You failed to predict the result of the fight. The fight happened and resulted in a NC, it's not like it was cancelled.

If you bet on the loser and he didn't win, then you don't win.

You failed to predict the result of the fight. The fight happened and resulted in a NC, it's not like it was cancelled.

This is what I figured, but I wasn't sure. Can you actually bet on a fight to end in a NC?

This is what I figured, but I wasn't sure. Can you actually bet on a fight to end in a NC?

Not anywhere I know. You can bet on a fight ending in a draw, with humongous odds, but NC's are even more random. Besides, asymmetrical information means that betting agencies have little incentive to offer the bet.

Back