Questions for Dana

rampageSmackson

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
How often does Dana take questions from fans? I've watched some vids of him doing Q&A's with fans via twitter..I've gotta bunch if questions I wanna ask him about fighters, events and to get TUF on Netflix!

Sorry man, it doesn't work that way. Post your questions here, and we can try to answer them. Send tweets to @Danawhite and @UFC and @Netflix or whatever about getting TUF on there, but it might not be possible due to contracts with other companies. But Dana White doesn't have time to answer a bunch of questions from individual fans.

Sorry man, it doesn't work that way. Post your questions here, and we can try to answer them. Send tweets to @Danawhite and @UFC and @Netflix or whatever about getting TUF on there, but it might not be possible due to contracts with other companies. But Dana White doesn't have time to answer a bunch of questions from individual fans.

Thanks a lot dude!

What questions would you like us to pass along, champ? Super-incisive stuff, I'll bet!

What questions would you like us to pass along, champ? Super-incisive stuff, I'll bet!

Do you see TUF getting on Netflix anytime soon?
Possibilities of trimming the weight in HW to 225 and making 240+ a super heavyweight.
Guys like Manhoef, Gegard, Barnett, Spong, Melendez and others coming to the UFC.
GSP's fight after Diaz..is it Anderson? Is it Johny? Is it Nate?

He probably wouldn't answer any questions about potential matchups because they don't really know themselves. I asked Dana on twitter if the UFC would ever have an event in St. Louis and he responded saying eventually but not until Strikeforce is done, and would probably test the waters with something like a FX card first. I asked a few times before he responded, he won't answer them all but you might get lucky. He said in an interview once where sometimes he will just spend an hour or so randomly responding to fan tweets.

IF you talk shit to him on twitter, you have a high percentage chance of getting an answer

Possibilities of trimming the weight in HW to 225 and making 240+ a super heavyweight.
Guys like Manhoef, Gegard, Barnett, Spong, Melendez and others coming to the UFC.

I still don't understand why people are still rooting for a divide at HW. We finally get all the HW's under one org and people are still dumb enough to want to find a way to divide it up again. Hasn't JDS shown that lighter guys can do fine at HW?

HW doesn't need to be divided up.

if you are anywhere near 240 you are absolutely fine

if you are under 235..you could probably make 205

:eek:

The heavyweight division is too thin already. There aren't enough talented fighters to make HW 205-225. So that one for sure wont happen within the next 2-3 years at the very least.

The Strikeforce guys, we just have to wait and see. We will know in another few weeks everything about that. Some of them have complicated contract issues to work out, so even if Dana wants them, it might not be easy to get them. Melendez is for sure coming over, we know that one for certain. Manhoef isn't really UFC material, and probably wont get a UFC contract. Gegard is a difficult deal for the UFC to work out. I am sure the UFC wants him, but Gegard might be demanding a TON of money to work with them.

Dana wants GSP vs Anderson Silva after Nick Diaz, but he can't guarantee it. But Anderson Silva is the plan right now if GSP wins.

Why are reality shows on Netflix period, most of them are pure garbage on there original airing, who the fuck would want to watch that shit again. (reality T.V in general not TUF specifically).

Also I think season 1 is on Canadian Netflix.

The heavyweight division is too thin already. There aren't enough talented fighters to make HW 205-225. So that one for sure wont happen within the next 2-3 years at the very least.

The Strikeforce guys, we just have to wait and see. We will know in another few weeks everything about that. Some of them have complicated contract issues to work out, so even if Dana wants them, it might not be easy to get them. Melendez is for sure coming over, we know that one for certain. Manhoef isn't really UFC material, and probably wont get a UFC contract. Gegard is a difficult deal for the UFC to work out. I am sure the UFC wants him, but Gegard might be demanding a TON of money to work with them.

Dana wants GSP vs Anderson Silva after Nick Diaz, but he can't guarantee it. But Anderson Silva is the plan right now if GSP wins.

What they really need to do is get rid of the 265 lbs maximum and make heavyweight unlimited, like in boxing. Save big boys like Lesnar and Bigfoot from having to drain themselves.

I still don't understand why people are still rooting for a divide at HW. We finally get all the HW's under one org and people are still dumb enough to want to find a way to divide it up again. Hasn't JDS shown that lighter guys can do fine at HW?

Yeah but then you don't get to have an opinion about how something that isn't broke could be fixed....

Why are reality shows on Netflix period, most of them are pure garbage on there original airing, who the fuck would want to watch that shit again. (reality T.V in general not TUF specifically).

Also I think season 1 is on Canadian Netflix.

Totally of subject but if u got netflixs check out Todd and the Book of Pure Evil...funny shit

What they really need to do is get rid of the 265 lbs maximum and make heavyweight unlimited, like in boxing. Save big boys like Lesnar and Bigfoot from having to drain themselves.

I think they used to have it to ensure fighters stayed in healthy shape. However, now we have guys like Lesnar or Reem who have to cut. I think moving the limit to 285 would be a good idea. I don't like making no limit on it because thats when you get guys like Sylvia who don't watch what shape theyre in.

Unfortunately the only way to get a response from Dana on Twitter is by talking shit.

questions for TS

if heavyweight is <225 and 240+ is a super-heavyweight, what weight division would a 235 lb man fight in?

Back