Questions about Jacare - Rockhold 1

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
1. How did you score this fight?

2. Who won overall grappling exchanges ( TD, scrambles, ground game, cage fighting)?

3. If they would fight currently if the result will be the same?

I have only seen it one time when it actually took place so it's possible I'm wrong at some points:
1.Close fight with Rockhold winning.
2.Can't remember.
3.Can still go either way. Jacare has improved his stand-up and can submit anyone.

1. 48-47 Rockhold. Super close fight though.

2. Jacare. Took him down several times and pass guard but Luke was usually able to scramble back to his feet pretty quickly.

3. Rockhold. He's improved dramatically since that fight, and Jacare is basically the same. Rockhold has added a ton of new strikes to his arsenal, and his grappling seems to have improved as well. Meanwhile Jacare is still just looking to land a big knock out punch ( usually right hand )

havent seen it since it happened, was defenitely close but i scored it for rockhold. Dont remember any details of how it went down. Just know it was a great fight and i was very entertained.

if i remember right, jacare took it to luke with heavy punches and pressure in the first 2 rounds. but luke came back the last 3 rounds with kicks and volume

i think jacare wins now

I've watched it at the time and got Jacar

1. 48-47 Rockhold. Super close fight though.

2. Jacare. Took him down several times and pass guard but Luke was usually able to scramble back to his feet pretty quickly.

3. Rockhold. He's improved dramatically since that fight, and Jacare is basically the same. Rockhold has added a ton of new strikes to his arsenal, and his grappling seems to have improved as well. Meanwhile Jacare is still just looking to land a big knock out punch ( usually right hand )

I took one point off for Rockhold's couple of nut shots on Jac. It would have been a draw for me with out that if it gone the same way for me with out it, but Jacare won could have won that fight. I still scored it for Jacare and beleive ref's shouldnt be so forgiving whena second foul turns up.

Jacare is still the same?? Did u compare both Gegard fights, son?

I remember thinking jacare won but it was so close I wasn't shocked rockhold took it.

I can't comment on the exchanges as I can't remember the whole fight.

Would be a hard fight to pick this time but I see it ending in a finish.

It was close but not that close. Both fighters improved tremendously and I'd still pick Rockhold.

I took one point off for Rockhold's couple of nut shots on Jac. It would have been a draw for me with out that if it gone the same way for me with out it, but Jacare won could have won that fight. I still scored it for Jacare and beleive ref's shouldnt be so forgiving whena second foul turns up.

It's been so long since I saw the fight, I too had it 48-47 Rockhold (and I'm a huge Jacar

Rockhold won and would win the rematch much more decisively. He was green as fuck back then and coming off a huge layoff.

That was a close fight and Rockhold's victory was a bit fluke and surprise. He was the underdog.
Now Jacare would be the underdog even I think he would beat Rockhold. I tell you why: Rockhold thinks his advanatge is the groundgame and Jacare is the one only person in MW who can't beat on the ground. + Jacare kickboxing improved a lot.

Rockhold won and would win the rematch much more decisively. He was green as fuck back then and coming off a huge layoff.

people talk about "broke fitch", but rockhold said he needed that win because he was in so much debt.

I figured his grappling didn't really need mentioning. It's obviously world class. But his striking is very one dimensional and hasn't improved much at all.

Honestly I think the first Mousasi fight was a huge fluke. Jacare got him down rather easily and was probably gonna do the same thing to him that he did in the 2nd fight, grapple the hell out of him. Mousasi just happened to land a hailmary upkick.

I just remember the body kicks draining some life out of Jacare. When he competed in ADCC a week later, he mentioned how he can't move his best because he had deeply bruised ribs.

Those body kicks were a game changer. Now they BOTH have improved. So I can't say who would win. But Rockhold clearly has the better wins in the past couple years.

Honestly I think the first Mousasi fight was a huge fluke. Jacare got him down rather easily and was probably gonna do the same thing to him that he did in the 2nd fight, grapple the hell out of him. Mousasi just happened to land a hailmary upkick.

I don't think it was a fluke. I just think Jacare was still pretty inexperienced fighting higher level guys. Jacare was flailing while Moose was calm and collected. The upkick wasn't lucky. It was intentional. But Jacare learned from that. If you watch their rematch, Jacare never gave moose a chance to upkick.

That's why I think Jacare has a chance against Rockhard. He learns from his mistakes.

Back