Question for you regular Posters in here, please answer.

Sinister

Doctor of Doom
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Because I'm a newer Mod and have not frequented the Gear and Equipment forum much in the past, I'm going to ask this question and base your responses on the honor system. It states in the Sherdog rules that it has to be okay with administration to post advertisements for other sites. So I'm asking how many of you guys who regularly do this indeed have permission from Administration. Honest answers will do me the service of not having to verify every single person's thread who posts an advertisement to an outside website. Some of you guys I know, like HugeJuge, but some of you I'm not familiar with.

And just so you guys know I'm probably going to be the main active Mod in here, I can be pretty strict but fair, if there's any problems or questions feel free to PM me and I will do my best to answer.

I think SSF and Fight Gear UK Tell us when they have something new. But they are two of the most helpfull guys on this board... Always here to answer anyones questions, and or point people in the right direction.

Cool enough, I can respect that. I'm just trying to differentiate between guys who help out a lot versus the guys who just set-up accounts to sell shit that has nothing to do with Sherdog. This forum is a little cloudy because it's basically a direct question as to where to get things. So I appreciate the input.

Gsoares2-Thanks for the kind words.

I own SSF Fight Gear and Scientificst Street Fighting. I do post on this form.

If there is any issues please email me at [email protected].

Regards,
Ron
www.SSFgear.com

Thank you SSF. I'll keep your contact info handy though I trust your contributions and professionalism.

I spend more time here than anywhere else and most can verify that. I cannot think of any company that comes here just to hawk their merchandise. SSF, RFW, Gameness, FightGear UK (many others) are all very helpful in answering gear questions and providing info to posters. For example, if somebody asks about a jersey, they will answer why it cannot be found since they have insider info and then maybe a link to their page. I have never seen any outright abuses. And most of the gear questions really don't have to do with purchases.

Awesome, that's pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks Brandinho.

Anytime. Welcome to G&E. Since we now have an active mod, I would like to see a sticky about using the search function. Most people's first threads are usually about something that has been answered 100 plus times. Somebody will ask how to do something and there are 3 active threads on the board. It gets very old after a while. That is my $.02

lol I'll take care of that as soon as I get home from work this evening.

gsoares: thanks for the nice words.
King Kabuki: We post if we have something new that people have been asking about. to be honest, quite often we look on the forums for things people are asking about. That said, its about time this forum did something about those who just come on to (as I called it before) do a 'buy my sh*t' thread. I spend a fair amount of time on here and try and give people honest and open answers that I hope are informative.
Our intentions are pretty clear even in our website where we have articles on keeping kit clean, sizing, etc as well as including the best review site on the web for kimono (but soon to include rash guards, shorts and gloves).
For some of us who make a living out of the MMA and BJJ, this forum is about putting something back into the arts from a position of experience.
Good luck in the moderators role.

Sounds good, and I appreciate your input as well. I thought this thread would be a good way to get to know you guys who really do contribute. That being said you can rest-assured the scheme threads will be duly dealt-with.

I havn't been on Sherdog that long, and could only repeat what has already been said, but just wanted to say it'll be cool to have an active mod :) So hello King Kabuki lol.

OniKage said:
I havn't been on Sherdog that long, and could only repeat what has already been said, but just wanted to say it'll be cool to have an active mod :) So hello King Kabuki lol.
Congrats Liu Jin!:D

I usually stay within the Training Discussion forums because it's the most useful section of this site IMO. Most everyone usually behaves themselves but every once in a while someone brings their Wasteland antics into the mix.

I've had great shopping experiences with some of the vendors that post here and, in time, I'm sure that I'll be buying from the others. Most of the vendors that post here either participate in or have a love for the sport.

Sorry, this post turned into a book.

Welcome as a mod.

Brandinho said:
Anytime. Welcome to G&E. Since we now have an active mod, I would like to see a sticky about using the search function. Most people's first threads are usually about something that has been answered 100 plus times. Somebody will ask how to do something and there are 3 active threads on the board. It gets very old after a while. That is my $.02

I totally agree with that. I get sick to death of telling people to search, as some of you might know.

Nice to have an active moderator around now :) I guess I am not needed anymore.

Welcome to G&E

~Foz

All of the people that advertise here like SSF and the others do it in a very respectful manner. Hell half the time they will refer you somewhere else if they don't have what you are looking for. I see nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. And I appreciate all the input. Though as I said some of the ad threads are in a virtual grey area (it just has to do with specifics of Sherdog rules, but the rule itself can be laxed to an extent), I can see what differntiates one side from the other now, so it should be pretty smooth sailing.

Fozzy said:
I totally agree with that. I get sick to death of telling people to search, as some of you might know.

Nice to have an active moderator around now :) I guess I am not needed anymore.

Welcome to G&E

~Foz

Foz, don't get rid of your photo of the search results page. That is classic. Keep that thing handy.

Brandinho, the sticky you requested is at the top of the forum sir. So now you can refer the n00bs to it. lol

Back