Question for Those Who Train in Southern California

Neuro

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What are the local tournaments that you guys go to? By local, I mean any place within 3 hours of driving distance.

All help appreciated, thanks bros.

Is there anyone who has compiled a complete list of tournaments in the area, or do you just have to find out about them through word-of-mouth?

I just compete based on my school. I just go to the ones that everyone else is going to, so I find out based on the flyers on the table.

why would you would drive 3 hours for a tournament if you live in so cali. There are plenty of tournaments within an hour to keep you busy.

how about the SOuth Bay, no-gi worlds, and also numerous in school tournaments?

why would you would drive 3 hours for a tournament if you live in so cali. There are plenty of tournaments within an hour to keep you busy.

TrumpetDan,

just asked because I'll be training in LA for about a month later this year, and I was going to check the websites/tourneys everyone said, and see if any were around at THAT time, that I'd go to/compete in.

TrumpetDan,

just asked because I'll be training in LA for about a month later this year, and I was going to check the websites/tourneys everyone said, and see if any were around at THAT time, that I'd go to/compete in.

awesome! feel welcome at Ralph Gracie OC if you want to stop by while you are here.

Would it be to " BOLD" to say SoCal is the new Rio? With all the schools(a lot are really good) . And the amount of ( good people) in a concentrated area. Seems like there are no end to schools, fighters and( $$$Being made) hear it seems like if it ain't it must be close.what do you think?

Would it be to " BOLD" to say SoCal is the new Rio? With all the schools(a lot are really good) . And the amount of ( good people) in a concentrated area. Seems like there are no end to schools, fighters and( $$$Being made) hear it seems like if it ain't it must be close.what do you think?

I would say southern California is a major BJJ hot spot and, That we have a ton of awesome instructors.

But I see no reason to compare it to anywhere

san diego is the new rio. but then im partial, as i live there.

i second the use of icompete.org. i love that site.

south bay, pans, worlds, grap x, school tournys, the list goes on and on.

Shawn puts on great tournaments. Smaller in size, but EXTREMELY well run. Clean, on time, good refs for the most part.

And its always cheap.

Cant beat it!

Ill be there Sunday.

I'll be there also but, Not competing this time. My son is doing both GI and nogi and we have a bunch of people from our team going. SO we are going to make a day of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back