Question for supplement experts

sconner

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have just recently got back into weight training and I am looking to start some supplements here next month. My goals are pretty simple cut some fat and gain strength. I am currently around 210 and would like to be around 195 - 2000 range but much leaner than I am now. I have two question I would like answered (sorry if its been asked before but I did not see anything). I am looking at a budget of around $50 - $75 a month so please keep this in mind when answering.

1. Is there really a major difference in one whey protein from another? I am sure there is for someone who is really into Bodybuilding but I am just trying to get a little healthier. Would someone with my goals see a whole lot of difference between a jug from walmart or one from GNC. If so would I be wiser to put all of my budget into a top notch product or invest in 2 or 3 lower tiered products?

2. My curent plan is to start with a whey protein (muscle milk $26.99 for 2 lbsCNW's website)
Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL Powder ($6.99 per 100 grams)
Some decent multi-vitamin approx $20 (still open to suggestions) This would put me in the lower end of my price range. I am not sure how long these would last but I am assuming around a month.

If someone has a better suggestion please tell me.

You said you looked around but you forgot the most important place to look. To the FAQ you must go.

With whey, theres some that have other ingredients in it. Me personally have been using On Whey. Get a multi and dont forget your fish oils.

What you should do is focus on your diet. Maybe you can post your diet for us to look at.

I fully realize that some wheys are better as a product to product comparison but I am wondering would I be better off spending my whole whole budget on a very good product or several second tier items

Buy some On Whey then.

As far as my diet goes I am just cutting out fast food, eating out, fried foods and soda. Nothing real drastic just watching what I am taking in and drinking more water.

My workout goes as follows I go 6 days a week
and superset two body parts

Day 1 Chest and Shoulders
Day 2 Bis an tris
Day 3 Back and Legs

Each workout is around 45 min to and hour with 30 sec rest between each superset. Currently I am at 4 -5 different exercises at 4 sets of 8-10 reps. I usually try to some cardio 10 min or so at the end of each day. i am gradually working my way up. I will probably continue on this workout for another two months then switch it up to a lower rep higher wieght workout with once muscle group per day.

As far as my diet goes I am just cutting out fast food, eating out, fried foods and soda. Nothing real drastic just watching what I am taking in and drinking more water.

My workout goes as follows I go 6 days a week
and superset two body parts

Day 1 Chest and Shoulders
Day 2 Bis an tris
Day 3 Back and Legs

Each workout is around 45 min to and hour with 30 sec rest between each superset. Currently I am at 4 -5 different exercises at 4 sets of 8-10 reps. I usually try to some cardio 10 min or so at the end of each day. i am gradually working my way up. I will probably continue on this workout for another two months then switch it up to a lower rep higher wieght workout with once muscle group per day.

How many times are you eating a day? What exactly are you eating?

Bro...b4 you dig yourself into a deeper whole...go over to the S&P FAQ..search around and get another workout routine like ASAP. That routine you are doing is horrible. Good luck bro.

As far as the workout goes it was given to me by the strength and conditioning coach in college. I know it is not the best but I have gotten great results in the past. I have searched the FAQ and they did not answer my question. Would I be better off getting 1 really good whey protein or several lesser supplements.

Sure I could have searched the Fish oil thing so my apologies for asking a freaken question on this forum. I looked at the sticky section and I was just wanting a simple response such as aids in recovery, helps build muscle.... just a simple answer

For you Vedic it would be just as easy to answer the question then to give a smart ass response.
Guess that is what I get for asking a simple question and hoping some sherdogger would assist.

Thanks Ziltoid for attempting to help.

No it wouldn't. the majority of all threads could be avoided and saved for actual discussion of the subject matter. You didn't bother to read the stickies, so that's the whole point of them being there. I'm not the only one that feels this way, just one of the few saying it.

I did look and I only got to what fish oils are and a bunch of scientific mumbo jumbo. I was just hoping someone could put it into laymens terms. But if you have a link to my initial question that would be great. But I am guessing its not there since I looked.

I did look and I only got to what fish oils are and a bunch of scientific mumbo jumbo. I was just hoping someone could put it into laymens terms. But if you have a link to my initial question that would be great. But I am guessing its not there since I looked.

Here's a link for fish oils

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/sherdoggers-guide-fish-oil-supplementation-719643/

If you are not sure or have a specific question about it...come back and ask here ok? This does pretty much cover alot on fish oils. I know all the info here can be overwhelming at times. I read stuff and then read it again and again sometimes. ANyway, like I said...if you dont understand something, just ask. Good luck bro!

OK, I'll start with layman's terms re: fish oil. TAKE IT and take more than the bottle recommends.

Follow the links in THIS POST. Yeah, it's a lot of info, but if you're too lazy to read it, how are you not too lazy to follow a good diet and exercise right? After you've read it, if you are confused about something, by all means ask away. The people who regularly contribute & participate in this forum are generally friendly & helpful, but not if you aren't willing to read the stickies/FAQ. Look at it this way, if you won't read the info that has been compiled there over time & deliberation by knowledgeable folks, why should we think you'll read an answer here. I don't pretend to be one of the more informed people here by any stretch of the imagination, but I have learned a lot from them.

Back