Question for Non-Americans: What is the model minority, if any, in your country?

Grappleboxing

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Question is in the title. Also, how does said minority compare with other minority groups in your country?

Also, how do you think the native population feels about the model minority and other minority groups in your country?

I ask this because of the negative feelings towards all the immigrants from the Middle East/North Africa in Europe(most of it justified), and want to see a possible juxtaposition with other, perhaps positively seen immigrant/minority groups.

Last edited:
Not sure exactly what your question means but......
1. Austrians do pretty well in Italy,
2. French Canadians seem to be doing well in Canada,
3. I am part English-Catholic and we seem to be doing ok in the UK,
4. The Coptic Christians in Egypt have had ups and downs but are certainly doing better than Christians in most other Muslim countries.

by 'model' do you mean doing very well as a group?

If so, in Canada it is the jews by a mile. Chinese as an immigrant group is doing well too.

Not sure exactly what your question means but......
1. Austrians do pretty well in Italy,
2. French Canadians seem to be doing well in Canada,
3. I am part English-Catholic and we seem to be doing ok in the UK,
4. The Coptic Christians in Egypt have had ups and downs but are certainly doing better than Christians in most other Muslim countries.

Updated the question if it was confusing.

If so, in Canada it is the jews by a mile. Chinese as an immigrant group is doing well too.

Yes, I mean it as doing well, and I also mean it as positively thought of.

White people do pretty good in California.

Pretty hard to stay as a visible or separate minority in Mexico.

Also succesful minorities will quickly reach the power structure of Mexico and become corrupt as hell, so i wouldnt say they are model, they are certainly succesful though.

White people do pretty good in California.

82964-youre-very-good-you-gif-you-un-8BDT.gif
http://img.pandawhale.com/82964-youre-very-good-you-gif-you-un-8BDT.gif

If so, in Canada it is the jews by a mile.

I dunno man, seems like it's the Filipinos or southeast asians in general to me. At least here.

In terms of doing well:
1. Many countries have an "elite" minority group which is richer and better educated than the majority.
2. Jewish people almost everywhere, Chinese in Southeast Asia, Indians in East Africa, Asians in general in the US, historically Germans in Eastern Europe, whites in South Africa and Namibia, Coptic Christians in Egypt.
3. Often, there is a populist or nationalist movement which takes over and persecutes this minority group.
4. The result is often mass emigration.
5. The economic result is often a long period of regression.

I dunno man, seems like it's the Filipinos or southeast asians in general to me. At least here.

where is here/ Filipinos in Toronto seem mostly to be nannies and work at coffee shops.

I fully expects Jewish to dominate this list.

Asians typically do well where ever they migrates to, but Jews thrives on a complete different level compare to everyone else.

Smart people are the minority I approve of most.

Damn shame the way they are dying off.

Back