• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question for British fans

Bisping was the prototype for Conor, and the UFC didn't make the same mistakes they did with Bisping with Conor. Due to that fact, Conor was able to become the biggest MMA star and really put MMA on a much larger visibility scale in the UK and elsewhere, so Bisping is probably the most important 'OG' MMA fighter, while Freeman was more of a pioneer than a major influence (at least in public perception). Im sure Ian has done a lot more for regional shows and whatnot in the UK though.

Bisping and it's not even close

I still say Hardy had his moments.

He was on four successive European ppv's

UFC 89 - He was main prelim with Bisping headlining
by UFC 95 he was co-main (bisping not on the card)
UFC 99 main card again (bisping not on the card)
UFC 105 co-main (bisping was on the card but by now was below hardy)

then fought for the belt. (bisping meanwhile had dropped a bit after losing to Hendo and Wand)

It was Hardy in Cage Warriors and then UFC that piqued my interest in MMA.

ufc_89_dan_hardy_vs_akihiro_gono_1536x1024.jpg

Bisping has the longevity, and one of the select few to win tuf and the world title, But Hardy from 2008 to 2010 got a lot of people into MMA

I actually think it is good they made him go through TUF because it allowed Bisping to build himself up within the UFC. They could have rightly fed him to the wolves and we would have potentially never gotten the KO on UFC 100 or him KO’ing Rocksalt.

Missing out on those two events alone is worth him being on TUF.
When put that way I would have to agree .

Both claim to be the Biggest of uk mma so my question is

Who did more for british MMA Ian the machinę freeman or Bisping.
My option is Freeman beating Mir and Bisping winning gold and tuf.
pics of guys squatting you outside the arndale mid 90s or i call bullshit

If you were to take a poll of men between 18-40 year olds in the UK and asked them who they know between Michael Bisping, Dan Hardy, Conor McGregor and Ian Freeman, I doubt one person would know Freeman.

The most famous Freeman in the UK is Martin Freeman lol.

giphy.gif

Also, I know Conor isn't British and isn't from the UK, but with the proximity of Ireland to England, alongside the sheer number of Irish in the UK - he's by far the biggest name in UK MMA.

Freeman would explode if you said that to him on facebook. He would beat bisping now if they fought have you seen him lately he is big hard and tight with lots of stamina in all the right places he would ride bisping and make him submissive. Once he gets going there is no stopping him until he does His business . He would shoot all over Bisping and pound him on the ground. He has a lot still to give and im sure if the price was right he would give one last huge donation to the sport.

pics of guys squatting you outside the arndale mid 90s or i call bullshit

No pictures they took them all away. I only have the memorys. This is my new hobby.

Freeman would explode if you said that to him on facebook. He would beat bisping now if they fought have you seen him lately he is big hard and tight with lots of stamina in all the right places he would ride bisping and make him submissive. Once he gets going there is no stopping him until he does His business . He would shoot all over Bisping and pound him on the ground. He has a lot still to give and im sure if the price was right he would give one last huge donation to the sport.
This was awkward.

Bisping was the prototype for Conor, and the UFC didn't make the same mistakes they did with Bisping with Conor. Due to that fact, Conor was able to become the biggest MMA star and really put MMA on a much larger visibility scale in the UK and elsewhere, so Bisping is probably the most important 'OG' MMA fighter, while Freeman was more of a pioneer than a major influence (at least in public perception). Im sure Ian has done a lot more for regional shows and whatnot in the UK though.

Fuck off u salty cunt

Back