Question, did you hear of this guy

T

thaiking

I was wondering who is this Justin Garcia, I sometimes read on another forum that he writes on and everyone is on his balls like he is the greatest thing to BJJ. I am not disagreeing but I was wondering is he because I never heard of him? this is his site http://justingarcia.com/

Not listed on BJJ.org(this doesn't mean much). Looks like he does Sambo. I have never heard of him, but go check out the place and see.

No i was just wondering because jujitsugear.com seems to be on his c%$K

I think he is a black belt in BJJ. I could be wrong. He did compete in ADCC 2005 (Roger Gracie in his first match - bad draw) so he's definitely a bonafide grappler.

He's known as Justin "Chim Chim" Garcia. I think he's pretty well regarded. I've heard Jeff Glover mention him as a good sparring partner.

I wouldnt say that people are on his balls, but hes a well known and respected grappler in the BJJ world- I read his posts and cant think of a reason to hate him. Also take into account that many of the people on that board have known each other for quite some time (the online BJJ community can sometimes be quite small) so you may be reading too far into some peoples responses.

He is a legit grappler- fought in Abu Dhabi and placed 2nd in the USA Trials.

He's real fucking good. I thought he was a purple belt or brown belt though. He does BJJ,

Well respected. And seems to be an authority on strength and conditioning for grapplers.

Yes. He is a brown belt under Rob Kahn, they are both amazing grapplers.

No, I am not bashing him, maybe your right becaus I do not read that forum too often thats why I thought there were on his balls

94porkchop said:

The fight was actually in Hoboken NJ. And yes this guy is legit. He's a Brown under Rob Kahn (a Royce BB) who also fought that night. They both had the most exciting fights of that night. They had that entire place screaming. Both fights lasted less than 2 minutes. Total domination.

Justin Garcia won by RNC. I wasn't sure if the guy tapped or if he went limp. His opponent was down for a little while with the doc and his corner around him after they stopped.

Rob Kahn won by armbar. He ran a grappling clinic on his opponent.

physicaltherapy said:
The fight was actually in Hoboken NJ. And yes this guy is legit. He's a Brown under Rob Kahn (a Royce BB) who also fought that night. They both had the most exciting fights of that night. They had that entire place screaming. Both fights lasted less than 2 minutes. Total domination.

Justin Garcia won by RNC. I wasn't sure if the guy tapped or if he went limp. His opponent was down for a little while with the doc and his corner around him after they stopped.

Rob Kahn won by armbar. He ran a grappling clinic on his opponent.

Yea, I saw it, they both destroyed their guys. Justin won in about 45 seconds, he choked his opponent unconscious. Rob snapped his opponents arm in about 1:30. The guy just wouldn't tap, you could see the arm go the other way.

Justin Garcia is one of my instructors (rob Kahn being the other) he's a Brown Belt in BJJ, he was actually promoted during a seminar at my academy.

Justin is incredible, he was the only one to take down Roger at ADCC (Justin was fighting up 2 weight classes)

Justin holds grappling victories over ADCC veterans Rick MaCaulley and Ken Kronenburgh. He also submitted multiple time Sambo World Champ Lance Campbell in less than 2 minutes.

Justin just won his NHB debut and looked incredibly impressive, choking his opponent unconscious in 40 seconds.

For more info check out my interview with Justin here

http://www.bjjfighter.com/Interview/justin.html

Justin Chim Chim Garcia Runs the Jungle gym in the bronx...He is a BJJ Brown belt as Stated above...I've been training with him for about 4 monthes now as stated above he is a brown belt under Rob Kahn who is a Black Belt under Royce Gracie...He has another MMA fight comeing up on april 22nd...if your ever in the NY area come check out our school...Hes a great teacher and a awasome Grappler..He Tried out for TUFIII and after Submitting both guys he faced of agaist..he went to ask Dana White why he wasn't chosen to move on to the next round and Dana Told him he was too small(he's 5'5 and used to walk around a Solid 215) but was trying out at 185 so for his next fight in april he's gonna cut to down to 170

Back