question: choking with hands

sdmsn24

White Belt
Reaction score
ok so i was grappling with my brother just for fun earlier today. i was in his half guard and he was trying to set up a guillotine on his left side. he had his left arm over my head but couldnt get it around my neck because i had a hold of it. so with his right hand he grabbed my throat with his fingers and squeezed my adam's apple. naturally, i tapped and he let go. i personally think that it's illegal, but he insisted it was ok. i had to come on here to find out. and for his sake, he said he wasnt grabbing my throat, but pushing on it with his hand with the thumb over the adam's apple. now my question is, are either of those legal?

I believe like obviously direct attacking of the throat with hands is no good cause it comes under strangling or something. Then again i could be talking out of my asshole:D.

thank you thank you. i'll be happy to tell him we need a rematch and that he can no longer do that. lol thanks again guys.

Illegal, but effective if you don't know to defend it. If you only care about grappling for sport or MMA, then it doesn't matter, because it's illegal. But in the real world, someone may try to do that, and no holds are "illegal."

Illegal, but effective if you don't know to defend it. If you only care about grappling for sport or MMA, then it doesn't matter, because it's illegal. But in the real world, someone may try to do that, and no holds are "illegal."

i know about it in the real world. but its my brother and we agreed to abide by mma rules before we started grappling. thank you though i appreciate the feedback.

Back