Question about threads showing on the Sherdog homepage

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I notice threads from the Heavyweight, Contender, and even K-1/Kickboxing forums showing up on the Sherdog front page. But I've never seen a Boxing forum thread on the front page. Not even during a big fight when our board has high traffic.

Is there a reason why this forums top threads don't show up and K-1/Kickboxing do?

It may have something to do with the attention the thread receives? How many views and posts it has maybe? The boxing forum is pretty slow.

It may have something to do with the attention the thread receives? How many views and posts it has maybe? The boxing forum is pretty slow.

I thought about it being that.
However, we probably get more traffic than the K-1 board. There's certainly more topics and replies on this board (as can be seen on the "Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums" page).

But, I've even checked during big fight nights (Hatton v Mayweather) but still no thread on the frontpage.

When a lead thread on the K-1 forum has alot viewing, it's usually because it is linked from the main page.

I wondered this as well.

Sherdog definitely seems to promote even muaythai/K-1 moreso than boxing even though boxing is the more popular sport worldwide.

Boxing is competition to MMA. Sherdog is an MMA website. They closed down the boxing portion of it years ago.

Boxing is competition to MMA. Sherdog is an MMA website. They closed down the boxing portion of it years ago.

good old ko.sherdog.com, I never could get a valid reason for why that disapeared

Back