Question about Sprawl shorts

mikey003

White Belt
Reaction score
Are the color of the shorts supposed to imply rank?

V-Flex Series

I didn't think about it until after I already placed the order and I just wanted to know whether I should cancel it or not.

Nah I don't want it too that's why I was worried. Definitely not a black belt.

Don't worry, they don't imply rank in any way, and no one will interpret them that way. They're not belt-rank shorts.

They colors are just that, colors. Just pick one you like and go with it. Sprawl has not been real original in their color schemes, but they do make great shorts.

Nah I don't want it too that's why I was worried. Definitely not a black belt.

So you got one of the whites w/ black waistband, eh? You have nothing to worry about. In no-gi grappling tournaments they don't use shorts color to denote rank. It's usually the rashguard if anything.

So you got one of the whites w/ black waistband, eh? You have nothing to worry about. In no-gi grappling tournaments they don't use shorts color to denote rank. It's usually the rashguard if anything.

Nah I actually got an all black pair. I don't really like the huge writing or designs on the shorts and the ones I chose had the least of both. Glad to hear it doesn't stand for rank though. Would not want to seem like an ass competing in a lower division, though I'm sure most would figure out that wasn't the truth very fast.

what is the ranking system with rashguards?

what is the ranking system with rashguards?

As an example, the Pan-Ams last year had rashguards with different colored sleeves for each belt division. I picked up a couple of them from Budovideos' closeout sale a long while back.

Anyway, if there's something like that implemented into the tourney the TS is competing in, I'm sure they'd have mentioned it in the rules briefing.

Brown shorts, especially in the back may indicate the person has crapped himself. Don't roll with that guy. It may take a few days to get all the poop off your clothes, hair, out from under your nails and out of your ear canal.

Brown shorts, especially in the back may indicate the person has crapped himself. Don't roll with that guy. It may take a few days to get all the poop off your clothes, hair, out from under your nails and out of your ear canal.

Rofl! Would that be speaking through experience, sir? :D

no unless the short has like a color belt sewn/printed in its not ment to imply rank like bj penns shorts have a black belt their used to imply rank. sprawls a great product good choice

Back