Question about Skipping Ropes

G

GhostFighter

What kind of skipping rope would give me the most work out for my arms? Iron, nylon, leather or plastic made?

Definitely steel!! But on a serious note, it doesn't matter too much what rope. The rope is for more of the type of skipping u want to do.

If u wanna work ur arms out at the same time then just get some wrist weights or something and get urself a spped rope!! That should do the trick!!

I personally love the speed of the $1-2 plastic ropes and to switch it up I use arm/ankle weights. One of my buddies has a $20.00 leather and handle weight jump rope, but for me my simple setup works just as good.

yeah i have a heavy thai rope and a plastic speed rope and i prefer the speed of the plastic rope. then just add wrist weights and your good

you can add wrist weights to added a bit more to your workout.

mike @ gorilla fight gear

I duct tape a jug of milk to each elbow and use a normal speed rope. You can start out with the 2 litre jugs and work your way to the 4 litres as your arms get stronger.

Eventually the cap pops off at least one of the jugs and milk starts sloshing out but the unevenness just makes it a better core exercise.

When you're done you can drink whatever is left for PWO.

I duct tape a jug of milk to each elbow and use a normal speed rope. You can start out with the 2 litre jugs and work your way to the 4 litres as your arms get stronger.

Eventually the cap pops off at least one of the jugs and milk starts sloshing out but the unevenness just makes it a better core exercise.

i'm going to have to try that one day this week :)

:icon_lol: Bravo!

The more imagine this in detail the more I laugh. :icon_chee

I use a plastic speed rope, and an almost identical method, except that I fill the jugs with bourbon, and I am extremely careful to stop jumping when I think a cap is getting ready to pop off, because I don't want to spill any. I use an interval sequence, jump rope for one minute, then stop and take a drink, jump rope for one minute, then stop and take a drink, repeat until the jugs are empty or until I can't stand up, which ever comes first.

:icon_chee

Back