Question about Joe Lauzon

I couldn't find a source, but I believe that it had to do with the recognition he would get if he went on the show, versus going straight into another fight in the UFC. Back around that time, there wasn't a card every month...more like one every two months or so, so there was more potential to be a star through getting face time on tv.

I couldn't find a source, but I believe that it had to do with the recognition he would get if he went on the show, versus going straight into another fight in the UFC. Back around that time, there wasn't a card every month...more like one every two months or so, so there was more potential to be a star through getting face time on tv.

My guess is that it had less to do with stardom, and more with wanting a guaranteed contract. Back then, Lauzon had one big win but was probably not anywhere near six figures on his contract (if he even had a contract at the time at all), so a win on TUF would have given him that right away.

because saying you knocked out Jens Pulver is like saying you woke up this morning?

Kidding Jens!... sort of :)

Jens was a 7-1 favorite in that fight. Apparently you forgot how much of a badass he was during his prime and how big a victory over him was at that point.

I believe right after Jen's left UFC there was no LW div. and they were going to introduce it again. Penn, Hughes, Sherk, GSP He may have finished Jens but he'd get wrekked if he didn't go to the house to build himself up first.

Back