Question about extra skin

ObsceneJester

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey sherdog,

I have taken some good advice from alot of people on here to help me get back in shape..for about 4 to 5 months I've lost 50lbs (205-155) with excersizes and workouts alot of ya'll have given me..

Now since I've lost all that fat weight my question is this.. I have about a handful (if not too) of extra skin.. and I was wondering what (other then surgery) other way is there to get rid of this extra skin.. it's a real bother and a real concern..

Again thanks for the help Sherdog..

look for vitamins, minerals, and such that is good for the skin... like vitamin A(beta carotene), E, C, D, Zinc, magnesium... etc etc... basically look at the natural ingredients in any wrinkle cream or something..

Did you know your bf% before you lost all that weight, and what it is now? Believe it or not some people who suffer from excess skin still have relatively large bf%'s. There still can be fat under your skin keeping it from reshaping. Did you put on any muscle on at all, its very important when loosing significant amounts of weight to try to keep body composition by increasing muscle support and loosing fat slowly to reduce the excess skin problem, which usually takes a significant amount of time longer than 4 to 5 months.

As supersudo said pretty much anything that promotes healthier skin will help. But that includes things you should be taking anyway such as multivitamins, EFA's.

Also, look into other things like aloe vera and cocoa butter creams, they are supposed to be good for skin care, but dont take my word on that.

And the most important thing is that it just takes time.

It will pretty much just depend on how long you were overweight for, and how old you are. But most importantly, you need to know your bf%.

BoxingFanNoMore said:
There still can be fat under your skin keeping it from reshaping. Did you put on any muscle on at all, its very important when loosing significant amounts of weight to try to keep body composition by increasing muscle support and loosing fat slowly to reduce the excess skin problem, which usually takes a significant amount of time longer than 4 to 5 months.

No I do not know my BF% but I'll try to get that to you.. Did I gain muscle? No, I lost alot of muscle because when I first went about my diet it was I would starve myself (Wake up at noon eat 6 inch sub for lunch and dinner) to skrink my stomach.. I didn't workout for about 3 months then started it back losing about 30 lbs off all my core max's (bench/squat/cleans)

I was wondering (with a correct diet and excersize) I would like to lose all that I'm suppose to (I'm 5'8" 20 years old) by December so about roughly another 3 months???

It will pretty much just depend on how long you were overweight for, and how old you are. But most importantly, you need to know your bf%.

Again when I find out my bf% I'll let you know.. I am 20 years old now, and I have been overweight for roughly 4-5 years. From that body weight caculator it says that I'm suppose to be in the 150's range but I still have alot of loose skin/maybe fat left and just would like to get rid of it completely

Again thanks for the help and continuious help on this Sherdoggers

o yeh.. EFA's increase your metabolism so that'll cut some fat in you have some under the skin.. :wink:

the ratio they try to sell about this height needs to weigh this weight is bullshit. just get your doctor to get your bodyfat % and ask him anything you can think of. try to write it down before you go in because it's easy to forget.

he should have a ton of things to tell you and what to tell you to watch out for. working out is strain ont he body and if you're body has been sitting around doing nothing, or you're eating wrong (starving) then you can really hurt yourself if you go hard on a workout or diet. he'll be able to help you avoid this. correcting your body will take time and you have to accept that if you want to do it the right way.

Back