Question about Creatine.

MMA Wembly

Theres always next year.
Reaction score
I use GNC - Creatine Monohydrate and i take it everyday. Days that i lift I take half before the workout and the other half after workout. Days off I take it first thing in the morning. My question is if it is normal that on days that i lift after taking my creatine I have to pee 1/2 hour later. I usually drink one glass with creatine then one glass after to make sure i got all of it. I didnt want to be pissing out the creatine that i just took. Is this normal, am I peeing out the creatine?

I "pee" a lot too after taking creatine and glutamine if I take it really late at night. Your not pissing out the creatine though.

MMA Wembly said:
I use GNC - Creatine Monohydrate and i take it everyday. Days that i lift I take half before the workout and the other half after workout. Days off I take it first thing in the morning. My question is if it is normal that on days that i lift after taking my creatine I have to pee 1/2 hour later. I usually drink one glass with creatine then one glass after to make sure i got all of it. I didnt want to be pissing out the creatine that i just took. Is this normal, am I peeing out the creatine?

Creatine causes you to retain more water. I pissed like a racehorse on the stuff.

Creatine uses glucose as a transport agent and its purpose is to help muscles remain pumped so that branch chain amino acids can help build muscle more efficiently. Unless your in a loading period you should ONLY be taking your creatine IMMEDIATELY after you work out, with plenty of glucose (ie sugar, try Grape Juice if your using the powder). Supplements like Cell Tech have sugar added already, so take them with water. Additionally you need to drink enormous amounts of water when using creatine, over and above your typical 10 glasses a day. If your doing it right, you should be peeing all the fucking time.

AndreTheGiant said:
Creatine uses glucose as a transport agent and its purpose is to help muscles remain pumped so that branch chain amino acids can help build muscle more efficiently. Unless your in a loading period you should ONLY be taking your creatine IMMEDIATELY after you work out, with plenty of glucose (ie sugar, try Grape Juice if your using the powder). Supplements like Cell Tech have sugar added already, so take them with water. Additionally you need to drink enormous amounts of water when using creatine, over and above your typical 10 glasses a day. If your doing it right, you should be peeing all the fucking time.

shut up. MMA wembly, DO NOT load. and there is nothing wrong with taking it on days off. and yes u will tinkle.

Tkdmmafighter said:
shut up. MMA wembly, DO NOT load. and there is nothing wrong with taking it on days off. and yes u will tinkle.

This is true, do not load, but you should use it in cycles, take about 1 week/month off.

Thanks Tkdmmafighter. Im glad at least some people on this forum know what they are talking about instead of just posting what they think.

AndreTheGiant said:

As was mentioned loading is not needed. You'll saturate your muscle as usual without, but it will just take a extra week or 2 longer (well, 21-25 days from start to finish). The simple fact is that taking 20-25g of the stuff will leave you bloated and excreeting a lot of creatinine (sp someone), which is creatine that has been in water too long and formed the toxic byproduct which is flushed out of your system.
I've heard many people say use grape juice, but I used dextrose and/or maltodextrin. If grape juice uses fructose as its main sugar, it will take longer to break down and hence not create the insulin spike that is needed when you take the creatine.

Creatine uses glucose as a transport agent and its purpose is to help muscles remain pumped so that branch chain amino acids can help build muscle more efficiently.
thats interesting, never heard that one before. What definition are you using to include the word 'pumped'?
As far as I know the glucose helps create a insulin spike which shunts all of the nutrients into the blood stream, thereby if you saturate the blood stream with creatine, when you take the simple sugar, the creatine gets absorbed also.
I guess thats what you mean by 'uses glucose as a transport agent'

The 2nd (or is it 3rd) generation of creatine uses a ester molecule attached to the creatine to act as a transport mechanism to aid absorption (hence with CEE you need 2-3 grams instead of the monohydrate which needs 5g)

Back