Question about Berardi

BabyJ187

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey I saw some people here use Dr. John Berardi's programs. I recently got a copy of his Precision Nutrition collection, as well as No Nonsense Nutrition. my question is will I get better results from following the diet program in No Nonsense Nutrition, or by following the guidelines from Precision Nutrition?

And one more thing, I feel I should be drinking milk regularly, Berardi's theories don't allow for this. IS this idea just stuck in my brain because of advertising and old wives tales, or should I be getting more milk?

I don't know anything about No Nonsense Nutrition, but following Berardi's Precision Nutrition program will definitely help your results regardless of what your goals are.

As far as milk goes. You don't need to drink milk. I rarely drink milk and I do just fine. If you like milk, then fine. Try to reserve it for PWO. Just don't drink milk because you feel that you should. No one NEEDS to drink milk.

Thanks... Berardi's No Nonsense Nutrition is a much simpler eating guideline then Precision.

I would essentially be eating the same thing everyday, and mostly the same meals... for example at meal 2 of the day I would be eating:

4 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1 cup spinach, 1/4 red pepper, 1/4 cup onion, 1 tbsp flax oil, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 cups water.... I would be eating this meal twice a day, everyday... the other meals are very similar, with some changes in the veggies, adding some fruits, nuts etc. etc...

I have no problem eating the same meals everyday, as I enjoy chicken and veggies...

This diet program just seems more controlled then precision nutrition and the meals from gourmet nutrition...

Any thoughts?

I thought Berardi tended to offer quite a variety in the foods you are allowed to eat, especially with the 10% cheat rule thing.

I just drink an 8oz glass of milk w/ a scoop of whey after I lift...that generally cures my craving for milk.

I just got Nonsense Nutrition myself. Im going to follow it for a couple of weeks. It looks more like a template. I cant see myself eating like that everyday for a long time. However...the reason im going to follow it for now is because I lost some weight from being sick and I want to bulk up a bit cleaner. B4 I was sick..I bulked up but not as clean.

I thought Berardi tended to offer quite a variety in the foods you are allowed to eat, especially with the 10% cheat rule thing.

I just drink an 8oz glass of milk w/ a scoop of whey after I lift...that generally cures my craving for milk.

Yeah Berardi offers lots of variety in the foods you are allowed to eat in his Precision Nutrition plan... however in the same guide he also states that the people with the most impressive physiques and highest levels of athletic performance tend to eat similar foods day in and day out.

Back