• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Quebec to Impose New Tax on Unvaccinated

You leftists can shove it with "the government doesn't have to provide provide people not snsrt enough to get vaxxed"

Remeber , junkies die everyday, shooting drugs into one's vain is way more deadly then covid.
Yet your side wants clinics to supply junkies with IV needles and open "safe drug zones" where junkies can go shoot drugs under the care of doctor's.

Save it with the semantics, your side has married your politics with the virus and would rather watch those who disagree with you politically, die, then hospitals administer help to them.

Grow a spine
Be intellectually honest

You and your ilk are nazis and will soon be swept into the dustbin of history
That shouldn't be a " your side " problem. God the ignorance of this post

Drug users being the obvious one, especially as many of Canada’s major cities do everything the y can to remove any pressure towards treatment and ease the path for use.
How so ?? Do explain

Is there really any reason to live in Canada
Yes lol the women are hot. The weed is fantastic. The beer even better. Landscape incredible , people super nice. Plenty of reasons when with this nonsense.

That shouldn't be a " your side " problem. God the ignorance of this post
nah giving junkies needles, amd a place to shoot up is most certainly a leftist problem, im all for helping them, but not enabling them.

Good try tho

How so ?? Do explain

anything specifically, or just a general overview?

Generally, Canada’s official addiction services (and even more so the “un-official” representatives that run non-governmental centres) have been pursuing the “harm reduction” model for some time now, which is distinct from the path-to-treatment model. The emphasis being on the removal of stigma in hopes that doing so will lead to more informed(and supervised) use, and pressure or hard requirements are generally considered negative factors, effectively stigmas.

so, for example, government online resources will focus on safe ways to use, and avoid any language considered pressuring towards treatment.

This was most apparent to me in Toronto through the GMSA (Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance), a Gov. funded outreach group attempting to put together online resources. Their official goal was reducing the transfer of disease amongst that population, but specifically here I’m referring to their Safe Drug Use projects.

Anyways, that’s mirrored throughout our healthcare in the outreach programs and un-official projects. There’s a chance it might even be the correct approach, either technically or ethically, but the strength that it’s taken hold is shocking considering the claim of “harm reduction” is so far only true when very specific statistics are considered in limited scope.

nah giving junkies needles, amd a place to shoot up is most certainly a leftist problem, im all for helping them, but not enabling them.

Good try tho
Lol your not enabling them. Don't worry.. your not that important. They're going to use regardless of how you feel about it. Likely out in the open and with dirty supplies. Is it better to have multiple emergency services running around the city picking up bodies or a few qualified nurses providing help. Come on. They're also human beings .. were all in this together.

Lol your not enabling them. Don't worry.. your not that important. They're going to use regardless of how you feel about it. Likely out in the open and with dirty supplies. Is it better to have multiple emergency services running around the city picking up bodies or a few qualified nurses providing help. Come on. They're also human beings .. were all in this together.
Yeah we are all human beings, except those vaxxed write.
I was arguing with a leftist, who said people who refuse the Vax shouldn't be allowed medical treatment. Because they are too "dumb" to help themselves and get vaxxed. Therefor the medical community should shun them.

Which is exactly why I wrote what I wrote.
Because a user is always just one dose away from death, and yet his position is to give them free iv needles and safe places to shoot drugs.

Sorry that you don't like it when you meet a person who fights fire with fire

Yeah we are all human beings, except those vaxxed write.
I was arguing with a leftist, who said people who refuse the Vax shouldn't be allowed medical treatment. Because they are too "dumb" to help themselves and get vaxxed. Therefor the medical community should shun them.

Which is exactly why I wrote what I wrote.
Because a user is always just one dose away from death, and yet his position is to give them free iv needles and safe places to shoot drugs.

Sorry that you don't like it when you meet a person who fights fire with fire
Those unvaxxed *
My bad can't edit with dubbs

anything specifically, or just a general overview?

Generally, Canada’s official addiction services (and even more so the “un-official” representatives that run non-governmental centres) have been pursuing the “harm reduction” model for some time now, which is distinct from the path-to-treatment model. The emphasis being on the removal of stigma in hopes that doing so will lead to more informed(and supervised) use, and pressure or hard requirements are generally considered negative factors, effectively stigmas.

so, for example, government online resources will focus on safe ways to use, and avoid any language considered pressuring towards treatment.

This was most apparent to me in Toronto through the GMSA (Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance), a Gov. funded outreach group attempting to put together online resources. Their official goal was reducing the transfer of disease amongst that population, but specifically here I’m referring to their Safe Drug Use projects.

Anyways, that’s mirrored throughout our healthcare in the outreach programs and un-official projects. There’s a chance it might even be the correct approach, either technically or ethically, but the strength that it’s taken hold is shocking considering the claim of “harm reduction” is so far only true when very specific statistics are considered in limited scope.
Honestly I hear ya on a lot of that. My wife works in the field , she houses the homeless , works at a drop in day centre and runs a warming centre in the winter. She's as straight up as they come , she supports harm reduction but isn't all rah rah about it. She believes more in the approach of social workers working together with the EMS and police working to tackle it. Believe it or not she sometimes prefers when her clients are in jail, these people have severe trauma they deal with and everyday life's a struggle

this shows you lefty mentality

junkies: guys, they're humans... lets show some comparison

unvaxxed: how dare they exist? we should treat them like 2nd class citizens!!!

also you do realize that having those sites doesn't fix the problem of junkies using dirty needles and shooting up in the streets? youre only encouraging and normalizing that type of behavior

also you do realize that having those sites doesn't fix the problem of junkies using dirty needles and shooting up in the streets? youre only encouraging and normalizing that type of behavior
Lmao what in the ever loving fuck are you talking about. Why does everything have to come back to the vax lol who gives a fuck what anybody thinks of your vax status.

Lmao what in the ever loving fuck are you talking about. Why does everything have to come back to the vax lol who gives a fuck what anybody thinks of your vax status.

you do realize youre in a thread that talks about taxing the unvaxxed, right?

try to keep up

Honestly I hear ya on a lot of that. My wife works in the field , she houses the homeless , works at a drop in day centre and runs a warming centre in the winter. She's as straight up as they come , she supports harm reduction but isn't all rah rah about it. She believes more in the approach of social workers working together with the EMS and police working to tackle it. Believe it or not she sometimes prefers when her clients are in jail, these people have severe trauma they deal with and everyday life's a struggle

Absolutely understandable. We’re, as a society, extremely against forced confinement of Africa’s and the mentally ill, for good historical reasons, but we are only now starting to come up with some alternatives (“harm reduction”), and the chances that our first big ideological replacement is going to end up being the correct one seem likely to be nearly zero.

Sometimes you want people locked up for a night or a weekend because it’s the only thing that’s likely to keep them alive. If you really want to kill off a good number of homeless people, the worst thing you could do is give them a private residence and cash.

Its been out for over a year and most of the world has gotten it. Its not "experimental" anymore.

Most new vaccine side effects show up within the first few months historically. At the 6 month mark, I was ready to say "ok" to Pfizer or Moderna once millions of people got it and the sky was not falling. Just not Astra Zenica because of the documented problems.

Folks with previous vaccination issues I am fine with exemptions for

What, the same documented problems now 'plaguing' Moderna as well (IE - not recommended for certain younger age groups due to serious problems)?

It's a smear campaign - the only vaccine that has not undergone media scrutiny at all, is Pfizer, who coincidentally control more of the media than you can imagine by way of 'sponsorships'. I would bet anything that Pfizer is behind the smear campaigns, because it gives them a complete monopoly over the younger markets. And you know there are people dying from the Pfizer vaccine, just like people die from all vaccines, covid or not covid.

One human is addicted to drugs, the other is addicted to bad information. Im not sure how you compare the two situations.
Do Safe Injection Sites Work? Read for yourself.

Yes lol the women are hot. The weed is fantastic. The beer even better. Landscape incredible , people super nice. Plenty of reasons when with this nonsense.

no dice bro. Quebec's time is over.

hotter chicks in Toronto, Miami, LA, NYC (pretty much any NA with variety), the weather is awful, people are faux-french snobby, good weed/beer can be found anywhere

Quebec has two big positives: 1) 18 year old drinking age, 2) good wines available at those little wine/beer stores, sorry forget their names.

I spend ssssoooo much tiem there at 18 with friend at mcgill, but once I turned of age and started seeing the rest of the world ... montreal is meh at best.

One human is addicted to drugs, the other is addicted to bad information. Im not sure how you compare the two situations.
Do Safe Injection Sites Work? Read for yourself.

yeah, it doesn't make sense

one is choosing to inject himself with chemical drugs and become dependent on them

the other doesn't want to be forced to be injected with chemical drugs for no valid reason and wants to preserve his bodily autonomy...

and im sure ppl who promote these injection site policies are not bias or anything like that.

all you gotta do is look at the state of the cities that usually promote those lefty ideas. they completely lost control of their cities, but still try to act like their policies work.

one of the pitfalls of UHC, live by the sword, die by the sword

Back