Quantum correction to Friedmann equations predicts no Big Bang

I don't think I've ever seen The ComebackKid ever rant. And myself either. We just tell it how we see it.

I think some of you guys are obsessed with us.

Im not Obsessed with you or your body
george-takei-wink-o.gif

So what does this mean as far as theories with multiple universes go? If the universe began and ended, I could see there being more than one, but if the universe were eternal, I would think that might change things. Although if it were to contract and expand, then it could be even more likely that there's exactly one other universe that acts in contrast to us.

I'm sure I'm beyond ignorant on all of this, so forgive me lol. Another thing though, I've read that time will certainly stop in the very distant future, and that it has the potential to stop at any second now. If the universe was eternal, does that change those theories? Or is time an entirely separate entity?

Bachelors of science in Chemistry and Math. Currently working towards PhD in Chemical Physics.

If you are interested, take some community college courses for cheap. Don't dive right in to $30000 year university for something you aren't sure about. Just take a intro calculus or physics course and see if you like it.

Cool. I'll check it out when I get back.

I find it fascinating that a lot of these theories rely so much on other theories. I mean that they are made to explain another theory because of an inconsistency in the math or whatever. It's a mind fuck that we seem to know so much, and yet are totally ignorant at the same time. It takes a proper cynic to make a good scientist.

So what does this mean as far as theories with multiple universes go? If the universe began and ended, I could see there being more than one, but if the universe were eternal, I would think that might change things. Although if it were to contract and expand, then it could be even more likely that there's exactly one other universe that acts in contrast to us.

It doesn't change anything regarding multiverses. There can still be multiverses--all eternal. Multiverses are typically invoked as either providing a mechanism for the Big Bang, like you suggested, and/or providing an explanation for entropy problems.

Super interesting stuff, OP. I haven't studied any physics in almost a decade, but it's nice to hear the opinions (that are simplified for a layman) of someone actually doing work in the field. Incredibly interesting stuff to think about, if I had to do university over again I would definitely opt for math and physics.

10/10 would read again.

I'm not reading all that. But doesn't the Big Bang live in the world of Newtonian physics? The singularity from which it came can be described with quantum physics. But how would any quantum theory be able to show there was no Big Bang?

I'm not reading all that. But doesn't the Big Bang live in the world of Newtonian physics? The singularity from which it came can be described with quantum physics. But how would any quantum theory be able to show there was no Big Bang?

Read the op. The trajectories used in the derivations of the Friedman equation are geodesics, not Newtonian trajectories. The paper showed the using Bohemian trajectories instead of geodisics leads to a Quantum-corrected Friedmann equation, and it predicts no singularity.

Awesome, I have nothing to add :p

Except that Hawkins statement that physics has become boring due to our massive discoveries is complete bs.

Read the op. The trajectories used in the derivations of the Friedman equation are geodesics, not Newtonian trajectories. The paper showed the using Bohemian trajectories instead of geodisics leads to a Quantum-corrected Friedmann equation, and it predicts no singularity.

I used that word in a poem in March. That must be the connection - The universe -> friedman equation -> sherdog. It all adds up.

Thank you for the article.

So many of these theories have, in some manner, come across my mind over the years, without my having actually done the math or the little minutiae workings of such theories, just more conceptual thoughts.
I've gone beyond a lot of these theories in my head to a more "abstract" conceptual process that I can't really describe in any language, it can only stay in thought. Perhaps when you think of all of these possibilities and none really covers everything necessary in terms of the workings, composition, origins, etc. of the universeor multiverse you tend to go to a plane of thought looking beyond elementary particles, preons, superstrings, and m-branes, and dimensions, and into stranger concepts (though I still find great interest in the sciences)?

Interesting stuff, TS. The universe is a beating heart, IMO.

Yeah, but the universe never even collapses that far under the new theory. It isn't allowed to collapse further than the Bose-Einstein condensate phase.

I'll allow it.

Thank you for the article.

So many of these theories have, in some manner, come across my mind over the years, without my having actually done the math or the little minutiae workings of such theories, just more conceptual thoughts.
I've gone beyond a lot of these theories in my head to a more "abstract" conceptual process that I can't really describe in any language, it can only stay in thought. Perhaps when you think of all of these possibilities and none really covers everything necessary in terms of the workings, composition, origins, etc. of the universeor multiverse you tend to go to a plane of thought looking beyond elementary particles, preons, superstrings, and m-branes, and dimensions, and into stranger concepts (though I still find great interest in the sciences)?

If you believe that this is interesting, think about this! There is a habitable planet out there that is 100 million times larger than Earth. The creatures have brains approximately the size of the Earth. What in the world are they thinking about?

Ok now think about this! There is a planet out there that is 100 million times smaller than the Earth. The creatures have brains 100,000 times smaller than our brains. What in the world are THEY thinking about?

This is the type of stuff that I think about every day.

If you believe that this is interesting, think about this! There is a habitable planet out there that is 100 million times larger than Earth. The creatures have brains approximately the size of the Earth. What in the world are they thinking about?

Ok now think about this! There is a planet out there that is 100 million times smaller than the Earth. The creatures have brains 100,000 times smaller than our brains. What in the world are THEY thinking about?

This is the type of stuff that I think about every day.

except a planet that much smaller is on the quantum scale. and would be in the microverse.

Well maybe not that small but it'd be tiny. we have space junk bigger than that i most likely hood

except a planet that much smaller is on the quantum scale. and would be in the microverse.

Well maybe not that small but it'd be tiny. we have space junk bigger than that i most likely hood

frankenstein%20gif_zpssvnbz3ho.gif

I dont think there was a big bang either I think we were created by a magical sky fairy who lives in the clouds in a city with gold streets and men flying around with wings on their backs.

That would still leave earth bigger than any man made object. I think, I did the math in me head.

Earth is 600000000000000000000000 kg approximately. So divide that by 100000000 and its still big as fuck.

Back