Quality Sandbag?

MongoMudd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a high quality sandbag to use? I know that Home Depot sells plastic bags of play sand, but I doubt that would be very durable in the long term. Any websites or chain stores would be great. Thanks for the help :D

Military surplus store, buy one of the big duffel bags. About 20 bucks.

Military surplus store, buy one of the big duffel bags. About 20 bucks.

And fill it with sand? Or does it come filled with sand? Not trying to be a smart ass, just don't really know what to look for.....

Yes fill it with sand. Get big bags of freezer bags that lock so you can adjust the weight. Also you could buy a mma grappling bag that isnt filled and fill it up.

Yes fill it with sand. Get big bags of freezer bags that lock so you can adjust the weight. Also you could buy a mma grappling bag that isnt filled and fill it up.

Yea, you have to really watch your wieght. Sand is heavy and if you pack an empty heavybag with too much you will stress the seams. Sand also settles and compresses at the bottom. When it all gets down there it's like hitting a cement block. Thats why no-one produces sand heavy bags.

What is your goal?

I use an old army duffle bag which has very tough canvas material and that is stuffed with polyproplene bags that are tied off and double bagged and duct taped up.Works well and the thick material makes it a bugger to get a hold of.

And fill it with sand? Or does it come filled with sand? Not trying to be a smart ass, just don't really know what to look for.....

I was a bit more excessive with my taping. I used the expensive freezer bags, filled them 3/4, duct taped all the edges, then put it in another freezer bag and did the same, then put all of those in two industrial strength trash bags, inside one of those military duffel bags.

It all depends on how hard you plan on working it. I use mine for slams and throws and haven't noticed any leakage.

Back