• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PWD 599: Enough is Enough

Is Vince McMahon the greatest heel of all time?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch a few shield TV matches from the collection on the network as I only seen there ppv matches as I skip tv in this era. Fantastic matches with wyatt family, combinations of bryan/orton/kane/undertaker, etc were great easily best booked stable since evolution. It's rare stable produce 3 main eventers at the same time as the evolution fued elevated them to main status and they never look back.

It's clear wwe learn there mistakes from nexus when booking the shield, first trio loss on smackdown was random but aleast it was bryan who got it which made sense as he was the top face. Aleast shield got build up months before first loss where nexus lost there first big match and never recovered.

Last edited:
Two 0-1 opening a ppv shouldn't be done in the first place, embarrassing amateur display aleast cmpunk and ufc got $ from it as it was a epic failure everywhere else. In modern mma, ufc shouldn't have to resort to sideshow fights with how talented the elite these days are to years past. Punk should retire immediately and focus elsewhere.

If he enjoys getting smashed in the face, Im fine with him doing what hes doing. Its not like he needs $ now. The UFC saw away to use Punk to get more PPV/Ticket sales. If he wants to keep fighting he can now do it away from the spot light. Which he should have done in the first place, but you know whose going to say no to $1 million for your first fight.

Two 0-1 opening a ppv shouldn't be done in the first place, embarrassing amateur display aleast cmpunk and ufc got $ from it as it was a epic failure everywhere else. In modern mma, ufc shouldn't have to resort to sideshow fights with how talented the elite these days are to years past. Punk should retire immediately and focus elsewhere.

What makes it worse is Dana.

EliteXC sign Kimbo Slice: "Kimbo fucking sucks! Why the fuck would anyone sign him... we're putting him in TUF!!"
Strikeforce sign Herschell Walker: "Why the fuck would you sign a 50 year old football player?!"
Dream sign Jose Canseco: "It's a fucking joke, is he gonna be allowed to use his bat?!"

Then:

"We're pleased to announce the signing on CM Punk! We're giving him a shot!"

*Punk loses in humiliating fashion...*

"Punk and I have been talking, he wants to give it another shot, he's been working hard in the gym, so he's gonna have another chance!

If Dana had kept his trap shut about the other "Celebrity" signings, this wouldn't have been so bad, but he talked so much shit about other companies doing it, then he does it worse than any of them.

EliteXC sign Kimbo Slice: "Kimbo fucking sucks! Why the fuck would anyone sign him... we're putting him in TUF!!"
Strikeforce sign Herschell Walker: "Why the fuck would you sign a 50 year old football player?!"
Dream sign Jose Canseco: "It's a fucking joke, is he gonna be allowed to use his bat?!"

Then:

"Punk and I have been talking, he wants to give it another shot, he's been working hard in the gym, so he's gonna have another chance!

If Dana had kept his trap shut about the other "Celebrity" signings, this wouldn't have been so bad, but he talked so much shit about other companies doing it, then he does it worse than any of them.
Dana cared about the legitimacy of the sport till a few years ago. He used to not let guys jump back and forth between divisions either.

Then:

UFC is a company First. Entertainment 2nd and Sport 3rd. The fact that people think its still legitimate is both hilarious as it is naive.

Dana cared about the legitimacy of the sport till a few years ago. He used to not let guys jump back and forth between divisions either.

I think it was the WME purchase that sealed it.

It's gone from an MMA Fight Promotion, to an MMA Entertainment Promotion. Stephen Quadros said of Pride "The great thing about Pride is that it isn't just fighting, it's fighting entertainment", and it's clear that's the direction the UFC want to go in, but they've got one foot on each boat, and they're drifting apart, and now they're that deep into the split, they can't pick either without falling into the water.

One thing I forgot to mention: I loved how after beating the crap out of Phil's sXe ass, Jackson talked about using marijuana in his post-fight interview. What a heel !

Punk should have come in juiced to the gills, he looked soft out there. Even getting beat down, he could have at least looked intimidating. He'll be signing autographs next to one man gang and tugboat during wrestlemania weekend next year.

Dunno where CM Punk goes from here as his stock has fallen so much now. It looked as if he hadn't improved in the slightest. He'd be best to stay out of the spotlight for the foreseeable future. That Mike Jackson dude fucked up though by showboating. Has anyone ever been cut after a win? Can they be cut?

Dunno where CM Punk goes from here as his stock has fallen so much now. It looked as if he hadn't improved in the slightest. He'd be best to stay out of the spotlight for the foreseeable future. That Mike Jackson dude fucked up though by showboating. Has anyone ever been cut after a win? Can they be cut?

I think one dude has been cut after a win before, I heard that stat fairly recently. Fuck, was it Matt Riddle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back