PWD 530: Nice Trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big E loves feeding his BBC to white girls. And I don’t blame him one damn bit!

tenor.png

You have to draw a profit at some point though. How much is the rent on the building, advertising, staff for the event, insurance, Big Kenny, Daniel Bryan and even though a snowball's chance in hell, CM Punk? You're in the hole six figures from the very start.

Good question. You know, the thing about Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan is he would gladly wrestle for a low fee/free, especially his first match in 3.5 years. BDB loves wrestling probably more than 99.99% of the WWE roster, and if he is wrestling infront of 10,000 people or 100 he is gonna a perform like an absolute maniac. He has plenty of money, is pretty frugal from what I've read/seen, and would be helping out some of his friends (from what it seems like, at least). But once again, who knows if he will be there or not.

In regards to Big Kenny or Punk, no way they're there for free. Kenny is clearly really good friends w/ the Bucks/Cody, so he might do it for a low fee. Punk, no way he is doing it for free and it doesn't seem like he really even likes wrestling at least that is what he's said in interviews lately.

--

If this show even draws over 5,000 it would be the biggest indy show ever (AFAIK), which would be awesome. It makes me a little sad every time you see people shitting on Indy wrestling ITT. Sure, there is clearly some shit that is super lame (like that Flip Gordon/Scurll clip from a few days ago), but there is some really really good stuff out there that is just awesome. There are some awesome workers on the indy circuit, and wrestling doesnt always have to be serious 100% of the time which is what makes it great. A lot of ways to make money. Wrestling is in a really good spot in 2018 imo, and I hope it only goes upwards.

Is that for true?
It will end in September but I imagine there will also be a 90 day no-compete clause.

As for 10,000 that is almost impossible, as indy fans are the sort of fans you see traveling to big shows more than the WWE base. More often than not a local show will have fans coming from the tri-state area just to stock a flea market. They would need not only the biggest card ever they would need every interested fan to travel across the globe. Although even if they sold half the tickets they'd be more than into the black.

Good question. You know, the thing about Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan is he would gladly wrestle for a low fee/free, especially his first match in 3.5 years. BDB loves wrestling probably more than 99.99% of the WWE roster, and if he is wrestling infront of 10,000 people or 100 he is gonna a perform like an absolute maniac. He has plenty of money, is pretty frugal from what I've read/seen, and would be helping out some of his friends (from what it seems like, at least). But once again, who knows if he will be there or not.

In regards to Big Kenny or Punk, no way they're there for free. Kenny is clearly really good friends w/ the Bucks/Cody, so he might do it for a low fee. Punk, no way he is doing it for free and it doesn't seem like he really even likes wrestling at least that is what he's said in interviews lately.

--

If this show even draws over 5,000 it would be the biggest indy show ever (AFAIK), which would be awesome. It makes me a little sad every time you see people shitting on Indy wrestling ITT. Sure, there is clearly some shit that is super lame (like that Flip Gordon/Scurll clip from a few days ago), but there is some really really good stuff out there that is just awesome. There are some awesome workers on the indy circuit, and wrestling doesnt always have to be serious 100% of the time which is what makes it great. A lot of ways to make money. Wrestling is in a really good spot in 2018 imo, and I hope it only goes upwards.
This is a great post

I hate you star fucking WWE obsessed assholes in here

I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!

Admirable but Cornette said it right, the only way an indy show is selling 10,000 tickets in 2018 is to give Punk a blank check and put it in Chicago

1. CM Punk vs Kenny Omega
2. Cody vs Bryan Danielson
3. Young Bucks vs Dudleyz? (can't think of a marquee team)
4. Marty Scurll vs Pentagon Jr

Would be pretty good

--

I'm pulling for them and I admire their ambition. It's only better for the overall product for the indys to succeed

Codys show is the same weekend as PWG BOLA and ExpoLucha
That will tie up a lot of the big indy talent and lucha legends (Rey Mysterio)

Doomed already

@D.R.H. put ur av and sig on the line for a year. I’ll bet that The next NJPW show in the states does 5k (assuming the venue has capacity for 5k and show isn’t considered sold out below 5k).

Mark your 2018 calendars: Daniel Bryan will know his WWE future by WrestleMania.

“I assume that if I don’t wrestle by WrestleMania, I probably won’t be wrestling with WWE at all,” said Bryan. “That’s my assumption.”

Bryan accepts that his potential return to a WWE ring is a complicated process.

“It’s not a black and white answer,” said Bryan. “There are a lot of issues with me getting cleared by WWE. They have a very strict protocol, which is a good thing, but the timeline of all that happening was not the best for me. It’s an interesting situation that will develop.”

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/01/03/wwe-news-daniel-bryan-wwe-future

--

A vague answer, but this dude is gonna be wrestling in the future.

My point was ur example was stupid. The G1 shows were capped by the capacity of the venue.

What do u think the max the show can draw will be?

They were in the Long Beach Convention center right? Can't that place get like 4 or 5k for concerts? I know they have to lose some seating for production...but I can't imagine 2400 or so was the max they could get there? Either way...5k seems like it would be a major success that everyone could be proud of...10k ain't happening without a WWE Banner...and even then it better be on tv on an artist formerly known as ppv or it still might not happen.

--

I doubt that Punk would even want to work for Cody, considering they've had Ryback and Podcast related issues in the past.

I doubt that Punk would even want to work for Cody, considering they've had Ryback and Podcast related issues in the past.

I have no idea what you're talkign about.
Anyways, money fixes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back