PWD 230 : RIP Hot Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this makes you dirtbags come to your senses and jump on the ZZ wagon
Unless you like being manipulated like a buncha fuckin sheep weiners
Fight the power!

Earlier this week we posted a WWE Tough Enough digital extra with the cameras catching coach Billy Gunn dressing down ZZ due to his performance. The video is above.

F4Wonline.com notes that the clip was released publicly because WWE officials want ZZ gone from the show after this week. Dave Meltzer noted that the impression he was given was that WWE set things up for ZZ to be gone last week but fans weren't manipulated the way WWE expected, so ZZ wasn't eliminated.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...eportedly-want-tough-enough-competitor-to-be/

ZZ is basically a new and improved upgraded Daniel Bryan 2.0

ZZ is basically a new and improved upgraded Daniel Bryan 2.0

beat me to it
haven't watched the show but just like everything else it's a work
if they wanted him gone he would be gone

At least Roddy got to see Hulkamania die before he left us. Mission complete Hot Rod. RIP

Dammit all to hell. What a shitty year this is shaping up to be for old school fans. If we lose more more big name this year, it will easily be the worst ever, unless I'm forgetting some other shit year.

Piper was on my bucket list of wrestlers I wanted to see before they were gone. I was working a WCW house show back in the late nineties as security and was able to catch him during the whole legends vs NWO. He was past his prime but still on his game mentally. I never got to see the original Sheik whom a lot of people believe is the greatest heel of all time. But it's hard to imagine that he was much better than hot rod

One of my favorite recent podcasts with him on the Colt Cabana show. Sure there is a lot of rambling and tangent stories getting off the topic, as you would expect from rod. But it's a great glimpse into the mind of a wrestling genius.

Gone but never forgotten you made Hulkamania, there is no ultimate good guy without the ultimate villain to vanquish. Rest in peace Roddy.

baby Jesus

Watching some random indy rasslin calles WFX on my stream box and Larry Zybysko is managing some mohawk muscle monster against Bushwhacker Luke and Zybysko is wearing a Ribera Steakhouse jacket
I popped

Now that retard Eugene is getting beat up by Johnny Fairplay

Reading Wiki to find info on this promotion and apparently Fairplay was Roddy Pipers personal assistant back in the early 2000's

RIP Hot Rod. He was the first person I remember seeing as a little kid that really captured my attention. As a young fella I always wondered why people booed him over Hogan. He always made me laugh and smile with his jokes and stuff. Thought the guy was great. Made me a fan of heels ever since. Bum deal man. Truly.

Let my network subscription run out last month
Prolly gonna re up it to nostalgia on some Piper stuff

Definitely gonna watch his dog collar match with Valentine at Starrcade 83
That match was so fuckin brutal

One of my top 5 favorite matches of all time. Wrestling is real to me for that match.

Ronda is the probably the exact opposite of Roddy in character.

Roddy was always laughing at himself, full of charisma, didn't give a shit. Came out playing Curacha as the 'Mexican National Anthemn'.

Now Ronda would come out, jaw set, shoulders flexed and stressed out.

Except Rowdy was having fun, pumping the crowd and wasn't being vicious about it.

My kid is gonna go have to watch a load of wrestling this vacation.

To be fair, Ronda is really fighting and Piper wasn't. Great stuff from Piper in that clip.

Anyone else watch They Live tonight?

Great movie, imo. Piper was a pretty decent actor.

RIP Hot Rod.

11375416_397259883804143_1117434239_n.jpg

11353021_1017272984973884_169253537_n.jpg

10724614_465681993601925_1675455360_n.jpg

11348281_497505517097921_1232632587_n.jpg

10932391_692552070875240_1410651041_n.jpg

11313379_961291727268908_1028866548_n.jpg

Anyone else watch They Live tonight?

Great movie, imo. Piper was a pretty decent actor.

RIP Hot Rod.

I'm planning to watch it again, in remembrance to the "Hot Rod". Hopefully, The El Rey network is planning to show it or I'll catch it online.

That 'My Way' tribute was sad to watch.

RIP "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/3...ght-with-bethe-correia-to-the-late-rowdyRonda Rousey is dedicating her fight to the man who gave her his nickname.

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper, the WWE legend, died Friday of cardiac arrest at the age of 61, according to a report by TMZ. Rousey reacted to the passing of one of her heroes on Instagram a few hours later.

"Thank you for the name.... And so much more...," Rousey wrote alongside a picture of Piper. "Will do it justice and do you proud tomorrow.... This one's for you Roddy..."

Rousey's mentor is "Judo" Gene Lebell, who trained Piper in wrestling and judo from when he was a teenager. Lebell bestowed upon Rousey the nickname years ago, but not until Rousey called Piper for permission. Piper, of course, agreed.

Damn, everything is almost set up for a shitty upset. Really hope she wins.

"Ric Flair, the Slim Whitman of pro-wrestling."

"Nature Boy, what's that? Do you run around the forest like Euell Gibbons, eating bark or something?"

"Russia gives us Nikolai Volkoff, and we give them MTV and 2 Live Crew. Fair trade, huh?"

24osz21.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back