Locked PWD 1165: F'n Turtlenecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would trade all my Jordan rookie cards to get my hands on one of these bad boys right here

438088735-10226960525783858-2066609961102152226-n.jpg

438128463-10226960525823859-7292674892722976633-n.jpg

Midcard Jey Uso

Using midcard loosely. My problem with Jey is that he has like 5 moves: slap, kick, dive on the outside, splash and a spear. Off the top of my head I cannot remember anyone being that over with such a limited move set since The Rock.

I was genuinely worried they were going to have Jey vs. Tama in the final.
It was excellent match. Actually had me believing that Uso was gonna win.

Gunther is a very special talent. Just mesmerizing to watch, despite his matches being 50% chops and slaps. He's got that ring psychology down to a tee. They need to line him up with Braun Breaker sometime down the road. Those two would beat the absolute fuck out of each other.

Using midcard loosely. My problem with Jey is that he has like 5 moves: slap, kick, dive on the outside, splash and a spear. Off the top of my head I cannot remember anyone being that over with such a limited move set since The Rock.
Charismatic & has one of the most engaging entrances, his in ring is just so limited though :( if he wasn't getting beaten up majority of the match would've been hard to watch

Last edited:
It was excellent match. Actually had me believing that Uso was gonna win.

Gunther is a very special talent. Just mesmerizing to watch, despite his matches being 50% chops and slaps. He's got that ring psychology down to a tee. They need to line him up with Braun Breaker sometime down the road. Those two would beat the absolute fuck out of each other.

It was a good match. I wouldn't say it was excellent. Nothing you said about Gunther was wrong imo but the problem with the match was all Jey. He needs some new moves yesterday. Additionally, the Main Event Jey Uso gimmick is kind of weird. He's Main Event Jey Uso but can't win King of the Ring. He can't win the World Title. He can't win the other World Title. He's never won a single's title. So what's the point of calling him Main Event Jey Uso if they never have him win something significant.

It was a good match. I wouldn't say it was excellent. Nothing you said about Gunther was wrong imo but the problem with the match was all Jey. He needs some new moves yesterday. Additionally, the Main Event Jey Uso gimmick is kind of weird. He's Main Event Jey Uso but can't win King of the Ring. He can't win the World Title. He can't win the other World Title. He's never won a single's title. So what's the point of calling him Main Event Jey Uso if they never have him win something significant.
I don't think Uso's problem is necessarily his move set. He's just a generic character. He's basically "Fatu: Makin' a Difference". His promos are average. His in-ring work is average. His ring attire is average. He's a dime a dozen fat ass Samoan, who wrestles the exact same way they all do. There's nothing that really stands out about him. He's a good hand, but I don't see him ever truly getting to that next level. You could replace him with another generic Samoan guy, and nothing would be all that different. At least "Yeet" is working for him...for some reason.

@Based God @My Spot that same guy just released an up close review of the TV belt, it is such a great looking piece
I never heard of this JS Belts gimmick but if i ever do decide to get a Paki boot i'll prolly go with this dude, looks like he does great work, if the price is right

I don't think Uso's problem is necessarily his move set. He's just a generic character. He's basically "Fatu: Makin' a Difference". His promos are average. His in-ring work is average. His ring attire is average. He's a dime a dozen fat ass Samoan, who wrestles the exact same way they all do. There's nothing that really stands out about him. He's a good hand, but I don't see him ever truly getting to that next level. You could replace him with another generic Samoan guy, and nothing would be all that different. At least "Yeet" is working for him...for some reason.

I see what you're saying but I disagree. I don't think you can just plop any Samoan in and it will work. In thinking about past Samoan's the only one who I think could do something with the Yeet gimmick is the late Rosey. I could see him getting to that next level. I mean look how long it took before fans fully accepted Roman. Multiple Wrestlemania's with Lesnar (if I remember correctly) and he still did not really get over until after those pushes.

Lapsed Vince calmly drinking coffee during the blackout at Beware of Dog killed me. "I've alway-always got a POT going!"
Dunno if you've listened to the newest one but Lapsed Hogan does an impression of Lapsed Vince and it got me pretty good. Lapsed Jesse doing an impression or Jim Barbett too. Their impressions doing impressions just seemed so absurd to me

@Based God @My Spot that same guy just released an up close review of the TV belt, it is such a great looking piece
I never heard of this JS Belts gimmick but if i ever do decide to get a Paki boot i'll prolly go with this dude, looks like he does great work, if the price is right

I think both of us are already in that group on FB.

Dunno if you've listened to the newest one but Lapsed Hogan does an impression of Lapsed Vince and it got me pretty good. Lapsed Jesse doing an impression or Jim Barbett too. Their impressions doing impressions just seemed so absurd to me
Yes! That was excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back