Locked PWD 1165: F'n Turtlenecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the video of Savage with everyones wife, do you know who any of these others are besides the four I named?

That Nitro was in Vegas so probably some of The Godfather's hoes.

<seedat>

Those ship jumping hussies!
Okay one of the girls was supposedly Linda's sister according to Dave.

Cba9HDR.jpeg

Also interesting how Dustin Rhodes of all people was able to out-politic The Kliq in late 95/early 96.

Also I had no idea what Hogan was talking about when he set a "dirtsheet" on fire. "Observe this, brother!"

Yea, I didnt hear Meltzers name for the first time til either Mick Foleys first book or Sex, Lies And Headlocks, cant remember which one i read first

I was bored last night so I decided to watch Nitro starting with January 1, 1996 in Atlanta
I appreciated how fast paced the shows were, almost zero dead time wasted on promos, it was one match to the next match to the next match with just a quick little back story given by the commentators, good matches too

What sucked was every damn show was the same 8 rasslers, I watched 3 or 4 episodes and they were dang near all just Sting, Luger, Hogan, Savage, Horsemen, Steven Regal mixed and matched over and over again in different combinations on each show, that got old quick

Powers Of Pain came out in masks as the Super Assassins against Sting & Luger, I never knew they did that gimmick, it was hella obvious who they were though

Brutus Beefcake had some white and black face paint gimmick and he was walking around like a mummy and screaming single words hella trying to sound like George The Animal Steele, it was so terrible lol

The Giant Paul Wight was introduced as Andre The Giants son

Steve "Mongo" McMichael had an adorable little Chihuahua with him named Pepe that was dressed up as Uncle Sam

No Nitro Girls yet, i guess
It really did feel like an entirely different show. Eric's tired story of "I made a list of everything Raw did and how I was going to do the opposite" was really true. Even all the way into 98, Nitro always had a fast paced, chaotic element to it that camouflaged the bad finishes and inconsistent storylines.

Yea, I didnt hear Meltzers name for the first time til either Mick Foleys first book or Sex, Lies And Headlocks, cant remember which one i read first
Yep, it was reading Foley's first book the year it came out for me. Bulldog and Owen were feuding with Austin and Foley on a house show loop. Mick and Owen had a bet with each other to see who could make Austin break character and laugh but then Foley convinced Owen to wrestle as serious as possible during a house show in San Jose because he didn't want to get "ripped to shreds in the underground sheets."

<{hughesimpress}>

Imagine waiting at the bus stop or hanging out during recess talking about rasslin as a kid and then some dork walking up with a dirtsheet "well ACTUALLY..." Good lord that kid would've been bullied into Bolivia.

Imagine waiting at the bus stop or hanging out during recess talking about rasslin as a kid and then some dork walking up with a dirtsheet "well ACTUALLY..." Good lord that kid would've been bullied into Bolivia.

I woulda been that kid

Im glad I didnt know about the Observer in the 80's and 90's cause it wouldve killed the magic, but now that I'm an indy mark, I wonder if i woulda been involved in the local scene back then the way I am now if I had read about APW in the Observer back in the mid 90's

Ole Pete mighta been on the inside with Dave and JR Benson and Corny's fat wife, ahh what coulda been

WCW’s peak was something special. Damn my dad for not meeting my mother earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back