Locked PWD 1163: Post-Draft Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in a swerve for the ages, now I'm yoked as fuck!

giphy.gif

How did your kid do yesterday, did he bring the heat to announce his presence with authority

He only pitched one and 1/3 innings yesterday which pissed me off because he still has it. 2 strike outs and two pop flys for outs. They are like 3-10. They would have won a lot more games if he was pitching.

There was also almost a fight right in front of me. One of the dads got into with the umpire after the game, he just went completely crazy on the ump. Looked straight unhinged. Motherfucker was wearing short shorts and cowboys boots. The umpire said he was going to slap the shit out of him. I've had a bad feeling about the baseball parents. They all seem weird and slimey. I had a weird feeling yesterday when we got to the game. I told my wife the parents there annoyed me and I liked the wrestling parents better, they are more respectful. A lot of wifes probably would have have said I was being "negative" but my wife knows me. When I start getting like that it's for a reason. Sure enough an hour later some freak tries to fight the umpire right in front of us.

He only pitched one and 1/3 innings yesterday which pissed me off because he still has it. 2 strike outs and two pop flys for outs. They are like 3-10. They would have won a lot more games if he was pitching.

There was also almost a fight right in front of me. One of the dads got into with the umpire after the game, he just went completely crazy on the ump. Looked straight unhinged. Motherfucker was wearing short shorts and cowboys boots. The umpire said he was going to slap the shit out of him. I've had a bad feeling about the baseball parents. They all seem weird and slimey. I had a weird feeling yesterday when we got to the game. I told my wife the parents there annoyed me and I liked the wrestling parents better, they are more respectful. A lot of wifes probably would have have said I was being "negative" but my wife knows me. When I start getting like that it's for a reason. Sure enough an hour later some freak tries to fight the umpire right in front of us.

Baseball parents spend a lot of time drinking in the parking lot and thats a shoot, probably where the wires are getting crossed there

LoL at dude showing up dressed like Filthy Tom Lawlor

<lmao> <lmao> <lmao> <lmao>

Baseball parents spend a lot of time drinking in the parking lot and thats a shoot, probably where the wires are getting crossed there

LoL at dude showing up dressed like Filthy Tom Lawlor

<lmao> <lmao> <lmao> <lmao>

As I was watching these fat oafs squak at each other Devil Rex said, "Let's just knock both these guys out and be done with it"

Me:

quiet-trash-golden-girls.gif

I’ve always got the feeling that a lot of baseball parents think their sons are going to the majors more so than other sports. Baseball can also be so damn expensive, I can see a sense of entitlement to yell at the umps

I’ve always got the feeling that a lot of baseball parents think their sons are going to the majors more so than other sports. Baseball can also be so damn expensive, I can see a sense of entitlement to yell at the umps

Plus its a team sport that shines brightly on each individual, every time you screw up all eyes are directly on you, you cant hide your mistakes in the crowd like on a football field
Its a game built on failure and frustration with plenty of down time for each parent to set there and think about their childs various mistakes but also to think about their childs teammates mistakes that cost "my child" a spot at glory, not to mention all the horrible calls from the clearly biased umpires
Add in the wine and beers in red Solo cups and its a recipe for disaster

@Pliny Pete I was really proud of my son. Pitching is a lot pressure. He's a wild kid. He's the son I had to whip with the belt because he was hanging around with gangsters. But damn when the kid turns it on he has some intense will power. He's going to push to pitch next year. He still gives us trouble sometimes but he has a lot of potential. It's hard to stay mad at him because he's really handsome and charismatic. The little shit.

Plus its a team sport that shines brightly on each individual, every time you screw up all eyes are directly on you, you cant hide your mistakes in the crowd like on a football field
Its a game built on failure and frustration with plenty of down time for each parent to set there and think about their childs various mistakes but also to think about their childs teammates mistakes that cost "my child" a spot at glory, not to mention all the horrible calls from the clearly biased umpires
Add in the wine and beers in red Solo cups and its a recipe for disaster
That's a good point. Usually a low scoring sport as well so one mistake can ruin everything!

Its like most sports, it's underdeveloped adults living vicariously through their kids. It's a sad fact that most people are not psychologicaly healthy. Plus, it's a sport people have grown up watching their whole lives so they think they know it. My sons have been playing sports for 12 years, I can always tell the parents who never did shit with their lives. Wrestling is a way tougher sport but I've hardly seen any outbursts from parents like I have with baseball.

Its like most sports, it's underdeveloped adults living vicariously through their kids. It's a sad fact that most people are not psychologicaly healthy. Plus, it's a sport people have grown up watching their whole lives so they think they know it. My sons have been playing sports for 12 years, I can always tell the parents who never did shit with their lives. Wrestling is a way tougher sport but I've hardly seen any outbursts from parents like I have with baseball.
There seems to be a strong code of conduct and respect with wrestling that doesn't exist in other sports. I like that.

There seems to be a strong code of conduct and respect with wrestling that doesn't exist in other sports. I like that.

The thing with wrestling is you have to have a strong support system or you won't make it. The kids with psychotic dads don't last long. If you watch the NCAA tournament the winners always thank their parents, coaches and God. It's not a sport where you can have some dysfunction in your life, it's way too hard. They'll drop out. It tests you mentally, physically and spiritually. It's just a fight with rules. You get humbled quick and you either learn and adapt or you can go play baseball :cool:

In wrestling, you have no one to blame but yourself if you lose. I’d put my kid in wrestling, best sport imo.

@Pliny Pete

She better not come around Ol Rex looking all cute and pretty. And ill just leave it at that!

Id just look at her respectfully and in quiet admiration.

The thing with wrestling is you have to have a strong support system or you won't make it. The kids with psychotic dads don't last long. If you watch the NCAA tournament the winners always thank their parents, coaches and God. It's not a sport where you can have some dysfunction in your life, it's way too hard. They'll drop out. It tests you mentally, physically and spiritually. It's just a fight with rules. You get humbled quick and you either learn and adapt or you can go play baseball :cool:
Chael promised his dying father for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowtrooper444
Back