• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PWD 1027: The WWE Has More Than One Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont even wanna see Uncharted but I rather go watch that over a fucking dog massacre

@RollSonnenRoll
My mama asked me to take her to the movies tonight to go see that new Channing Tatum movie where hes trying to rescue a dog
I told her I'll take her to see Dog and I'll go see Uncharted, aint no effing way Im going to see a movie where a dog probably dies
My soul cant handle that kinda shit
My dog loses his shit when that trailer comes on tv <Lmaoo>

Speaking of dogs, my grandpa just lost his beagle last week. He’s already talking about wanting another one. I don’t think he’s ever not had a dog in his life and I’m concerned that that the purpose/companionship of that beagle is what was keeping him going. I’m thinking about looking into a rescue of maybe an older mastiff or something. He’s extremely limited physically and just needs a dog to feed, pet and lounge by his chair all day.

Full-Grown-English-Mastiff.jpg

@Sivo The Ram do you think that could work?

Speaking of dogs, my grandpa just lost his beagle last week. He’s already talking about wanting another one. I don’t think he’s ever not had a dog in his life and I’m concerned that that the purpose/companionship of that beagle is what was keeping him going. I’m thinking about looking into a rescue of maybe an older mastiff or something. He’s extremely limited physically and just needs a dog to feed, pet and lounge by his chair all day.

Theres a shitload of older abandoned dogs out there, that would be a great thing to do, I really hope you look into it, help your grandpa and give an older dog the loving home that they deserve

english mastiffs are definitely amazing couch potatoes! lol. my only concern is with a dog of that size if they get injured or become lame due to old age would your grandfather be able to handle that? i know some owners that actually keep a torso harness around their mastiff and have to help hoist them up when the dog tries to stand

@RollSonnenRoll
My mama asked me to take her to the movies tonight to go see that new Channing Tatum movie where hes trying to rescue a dog
I told her I'll take her to see Dog and I'll go see Uncharted, aint no effing way Im going to see a movie where a dog probably dies
My soul cant handle that kinda shit
dude, same. i can watch a snuff flick while eating dinner but i'll be damned if i could sit through watching a dog getting hurt or killed!

also Roll, im kinda in the same boat. my 60 year old mom wants to get another dog. our Jack russell of 17 years died last year. crushed her. she keeps talking about getting some toy breed. im trying to talk her into to getting a nice shelter dog who needs a good home

english mastiffs are definitely amazing couch potatoes! lol. my only concern is with a dog of that size if they get injured or become lame due to old age would your grandfather be able to handle that? i know some owners that actually keep a torso harness around their mastiff and have to help hoist them up when the dog tries to stand
He’s not lifting anything anymore but he’s also beyond the point of living alone. My mom lives with him near 24/7 and then hires a caretaker if she needs to go out of town, work long hours or just have time to herself. I don’t think she’s looking to add taking care of a dog full time too to her already full plate but she’s there to help somewhat.

also Roll, im kinda in the same boat. my 60 year old mom wants to get another dog. our Jack russell of 17 years died last year. crushed her. she keeps talking about getting some toy breed. im trying to talk her into to getting a nice shelter dog who needs a good home

Tell her to get an older dog. Older people getting young dogs always means someone is gonna be stuck with the dog or it'll be in a shelter eventually.

According to my super scientific Google search, basset hounds are the laziest dog breed, so they could be good. Also, don't discount a rescue greyhound if he has a fenced yard. They only need like 10-20 minutes to go balls out and then they are couch potatoes. I think because they stay in kennels all day when they're not racing, they are lazy bums. And there are usually rescues available from the races or that failed and never made it into the races. We were looking into a greyhound before we got Wally, but very few of them are good with cats, and my cat was 19 years old at the time. Now that he's gone, a greyhound is a consideration if we get a second dog once Wally is out of puppyhood.

After my mom died my sister got it in her head that we should get my dad a cat to keep him company, because he liked my cat a lot. My dad had a stroke about 9 years ago, walks with a cane, and has trouble getting around. He wouldn't have lasted a day with a kitten underfoot before he wiped out. The plan did not move forward. He just came to my house and let my old cat sleep in his lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back