Punching Power

hell wall

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
guys please post vids of some of boxings punch power wizards here is my example:

this will be a good thread for new strikers to examine brutal/beautiful kayo power in a live contest

00:56 part of the vid i posted is a rather nice left hook

michael carbajal
khaosai galaxy
carlos zarate
wilfredo gomez

lastly ricardo lopez im not sure if he is a power puncher per se he is just so good at what he does that all his punches end up being devastating anyway

good posts zapa...00:38 on the michael carbajal vid is raw ko

the whole vid is brutal carbajal would hit dudes so fucking hard...
julian jackson nigel benn etc get thrown around alot in punching power discussions but carbajal does not get the love he deserves imo dude was a fucking destroyer

WHo are these fighters? NEver heard of them, where are Hearns, G-man and Jackson?

WHo are these fighters? NEver heard of them, where are Hearns, G-man and Jackson?

you gotta go deeper than surface level fighters bro!!....the people you never hear of doing good things too!!

The real question is.... how do they get it?

I think they get it from punching with weights.

technique + genetics > weights imo.

some guys just have rocks where their hands should be.

Read jack dempseys book and i guarantee punching power will raise.... i think best way is developing power on heavy bag...i usrd to do 3 hours everyday of heavy bag and my power developed considerably

technique + genetics > weights imo.

some guys just have rocks where their hands should be.

i dont really agree with this for a couple reasons

1.a, when were talking about the hardest hitting boxers we are talking about the top 1% ot the top 1% so its kind of a moot point for a stand up technique discussion
b, with proper gym time, coach time and ring time anybody can hit hard enough to be considered a hard puncher

2. i firmly believe that if you have an actual solid background training FIRST than lifting properly will have great results for you athletically

3. i feel like asking about punching power is asking the wrong question, there are so many facets to boxing and power is just a byproduct of many different things at once and it can vary depending on situations. For a purely boxing discussion there are alot of more important things that should be focused on rather than punching power

becaquse of all 3 of those reasons i really feel like this thread should have been made in the boxing discussion but im not going to complain any reason to post carbajal related vids is good enough for me

I completely agree with it. Simple factors like myostatin levels play a huge role in your athletic self... and put a limit on how far weights can take you.

I don't disagree with your points thou.

However nobody really asked where it comes from. I was being a troll.

Back