Punches to the nose?

sliminem_313

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've been training in a little bit of MMA here lately. Going 3 days a week for the past month or so. I was wondering if anybody knows any ways that I can prevent my eyes from closing and sneezing when I get punched in or grazed across the nose? It happens to me everytime and theres always a few seconds where my eyes close and I'll sneeze at least once. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sorry, but my only advice would be toughen up.

Lol, I expected a lot of those kinda replies so its cool. At least you weren't an asshole about it. Its just a natural reaction. I never really see anybody else doing that tho.

Its got nothing to do with toughness. Its just a natural occurance I suppose. maybe you're allergic to what the gloves are mode off? I have no idea

strange... most people just tear up when they get punchd in the nose.

maybe ur just allergic to getting punched in the nose. so don't get hit in the nose.. hehe

Usualy your eyes will tear up if you get hit clean in the nose. but if the glove brushes past your nose... no idea why your sneazing.

Id suggest not getting hit in the nose at all to start though :D

perhaps blow your nose before you spar lol.

Its got nothing to do with toughness. Its just a natural occurance I suppose. maybe you're allergic to what the gloves are mode off? I have no idea

Uh, yeah it does. It's something you have to learn to brush off and use it to your advantage.

Back