News Punahele Soriano vs Miguel Baeza set for June 8th

Who wins?

• Total voters
I swear I thought Baeza got cut a long time ago, holy shit.
But yea this should be fun, both guys had some steam early into the UFC but have had a rough streak these last few years.

Hope the winner is able to continue the momentum afterwards, however the loser most likely gets cut.

Baeza should have the skills to outstrike and dictate this fight pretty easily but he really seems to struggle with the more athletic striking based WW's pretty badly so it's a very interesting fight here because Soriano is a very athletic dude but I feel like he lacks some fundamental skills which holds him back quite a bit.

I'm leaning towards Baeza picking his shots at range and winning his MW debut but Soriano blasting him like he did Dusko feels like a very real possibility.

I honestly thought that Baeza had retired. I used to be really high on that kid as a prospect.

Thought we had seen the last of Baeza. He had potential, and I think if he's spent his time off wisely he should get past Soriano comfortably.

Baeza is more skilled but his chin is the great equalizer. If 'Soriano' can find it, that may not matter. I think he will.

It sounds like a loser leaves the town fight, 0-3 vs 1-4 in their last UFC fights

This fight is between two guys on a slump. But both have upside and win can change the course for either of them.

Unless its a draw lol
It sounds like a loser leaves the town fight, 0-3 vs 1-4 in their last UFC fights

Hmm, assumed Soriano would be dropping down to WW, he wasn't a huge MW at all. I've lost faith in him amounting to anything though, Baeza probably wins. Definitely a pink slip fight either way.

Back