Pulling a fight from a card last second.

• Thread starter Deleted member 460645
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 460645

So I just read about McCall/Scoggins being scrapped from 201 due to Scoggins inability to make weight.

1. Unprofessional from Scoggins. He should have had an idea prior to the weigh ins he wouldn't make it.
2. McCall deserves to be paid including a win bonus.

I was looking forward to this bout.
I can't stand fighters that do this *cough*Hendricks*cough*

Thoughts on fights being removed a day before the event?

ill-tell-you.gif

I was looking forward to seeing the return of Uncle Creepy.

It's in the best interest of fighter safety. And I completely agree with it.

Very unprofessional to get pulled like that. Things are changing, and they will continue to.

The answer should be Dana White must step in place of any fighter that pulls out.

wasnt it announced like a day or 2 ago that he wouldnt make weight and the fight was off? its not like its breaking news or anything

Shame they couldn't work this out.

Not happy about it, at all, but I'm still going to support Scoggins in future. He made a mistake, and outgrew his weightclass.

So I just read about McCall/Scoggins being scrapped from 201 due to Scoggins inability to make weight.

1. Unprofessional from Scoggins. He should have had an idea prior to the weigh ins he wouldn't make it.
2. McCall deserves to be paid including a win bonus.

I was looking forward to this bout.
I can't stand fighters that do this *cough*Hendricks*cough*

Thoughts on fights being removed a day before the event?

would've been nice if they could've matched McCall up w/ Reis honestly. McCall is one of the few names at 125 and he's been off for a while.
McCall vs. Reis would also be a decent title eliminator (and yes I know McCall is coming off a loss, but who else is left at 125, not to mention his history w/ Mighty Mouse is a marketable storyline)

I don't get why he didn't just weigh in over and fight? Plenty of fighters have done it

20% of Scoggins next purse should go to Uncle Creepy.

That's a tough one. I would assume they gave Creepy the alternative to fight him... & typically 20% of Scog'z money would go to Creepy if they fought... but if that size difference makes a loss happen, then it might not be worth it. Creepy needs some Wins on his record in a bad way.

wasnt it announced like a day or 2 ago that he wouldnt make weight and the fight was off? its not like its breaking news or anything
I never heard an announcement. That's my bad for not researching more thoroughly.

The answer should be Dana White must step in place of any fighter that pulls out.
Lol then we'd wave to bring Dana up on murder charges according to Mark Hunt.

Forced to go up weight class next fight.

For women, fired and banned from coming back.

What's Ian's Sherdog username? I can't remember it.

I'm just upset that he (McCall) has to be out for even longer now. I've always been a big fan of him and want to see him succeed.

He's also one of the few fighters who are brave enough to come on here and interact with you animals. He doesn't get all upset or offended because of some of the shit people say about him/to him on here, and he doesn't mind telling a motherfucker what's up - he knows exactly how shit works around here and how people are on the internet.

How many other fighters do that? quite a few used to post here long before I joined up, but they're all gone now. It seems McCall is like, the only fighter who has the balls to come on here and take shit from idiots and even deliver a couple verbal lashings of his own. That's one of the coolest things about him, in my opinion, he's basically one of us if you really think about it, lol, he fits in perfectly. He knows how to Sherdog, that's for sure.

Hope we see him soon, both in the cage and on here in the near future. It's a damn shame he won't be competing tomorrow night.

Lol how bold of you to call scoggins unprofessional. You're really taking a controversial stance there; be prepared to defend it.

Back