Public Relations for UFC Fighters

Foggy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't like it, but for now it seems the freak shows and TMZ controversies are driving the wages in UFC.

If legit fighters like Thompson and Barberena want to move up and command a better salary within the current system, they'll have to up their PR game with some professionals that know how to manage public perception. The up and comers may not be able to pay on the front end, but some of these PR firms would do well to get in on the ground floor with fighters like either of these two, to get them some PPV money.

UFC will promote whomever they like better, that won't change, but some fighters are in dire need of some direction.

That's right, I'm looking at you too Hendrix. You need someone to stop you from saying whatever the hell you feel like saying on camera.

The Diaz bros say whatever the hell they feel like saying on camera. Works for them.

Not only that, but what are Heavies???

lol
Just look around...

fry+and+laurie+1.gif

Was thinking about this the other day. UFC would benefit from helping guys hire PR firms. There are some guys like Misha Cirkunov who are beasts in the cage, but have the personality of a potato. He would really benefit from some help on the promotional side.

Was thinking about this the other day. UFC would benefit from helping guys hire PR firms. There are some guys like Misha Cirkunov who are beasts in the cage, but have the personality of a potato. He would really benefit from some help on the promotional side.

I agree, but I suspect that the way UFC looks at it, THEY are the PR firm, being promoters and all.

But the issue is the fighters that don't have a Dana Hype Train to ride, but have legit skills. Those fighters and some PR people could really get some visibility if they found each other.
Someone like Thompson could really benefit since he's already an exciting fighter, and just needs some well placed articles or interviews to give the promotion what they want.

The ufc are crap at promoting, it's been a problem since day. So yeah those who can afford it could probably benefit lots from some outside help

So, the UFC don't just randomly pick fighters to promote. They try and pick fighters who have hype behind them already.

Rousey, Paige, McGregor, Lesnar etc. All came in with 'hype' behind them, and the UFC has gotten burned by trying to force 'hype' with some fighters ie. Cain in Mexico.

If you want Wonderboy to get more support, harass Dana on Twitter, make more threads about fighters you like (and less about fighters you don't), follow them on social media etc.

The UFC finds 'hype' and hypes the hype. Wonderboy is in a great position now, so don't let people forget.

Man I used to cringe everytime they put a mic in front of Anderson
The ufc are crap at promoting, it's been a problem since day. So yeah those who can afford it could probably benefit lots from some outside help

Back