Social Public Official fired after refusing to call black woman Doctor

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
On one hand I can't stand these kinds of people who demand you call them Doctor or some other type of title, as some sort of ego trip. On the other hand the guy is a public official, so should have just accepted her request, and not make a bigger issue than it really is. She's a young black woman so of course the incident made the news and the race angle was pushed, and he was let go from his job as the Zoning commissioner.

https://6abc.com/carrie-rosario-greensboro-tony-collins-dr/10554113/

As a public official, acting in a professional manner should be expected. When a person ask you to call them by a certian name or title you should. Being a dick doesnt pay well in 2021.

Wood the old white dude.
I mean ....I find it pretentious to be forced to add “ doctor “ or • Mr “ to a persons name but in grand scheme it’s no big deal . I’d have called her “ Doc “ . I used to call my instructor in Taekwomdo “ Master *******” “ so ..whatever .

As a public official, acting in a professional manner should be expected. When a person ask you to call them by a certian name or title you should. Being a dick doesnt pay well in 2021.

On the other hand, as a professional, you should probably not start a problem where there necessarily isn't one, and focus on the actual task at hand instead of wanting to gratify your ego by being addressed with honorifics.

Glad I live in a country where none are used, to be honest. Because I'd struggle with that sort of thing. Just so pretentious and stupid. Superficial bullshit.

Why should you ever call someone a doctor? It's a job description when you refer to someone. It's not a royal title or anything like that.
Imagine feeling so entitled that you feel the need to be called doctor in a meeting. I don't believe there is any legal requirement and then he refers to her by her name which is appropriate. What about if he also has a doctorate and his doctorate is older than hers. Does he now have senior doctor rights and she loses her doctorness? I know who I would rather keep around in the meeting.

On the other hand, as a professional, you should probably not start a problem where there necessarily isn't one, and focus on the actual task at hand instead of wanting to gratify your ego with honorifics.

Glad I live in a country where none are used, to be honest. Because I'd struggle with that sort of thing. Just so pretentious and stupid.

I definitely think she was over the top with it. I find it ridiculous to demand to be called by your title to make yourself feel important. Still if it is within reason, you should try and accommodate those sort of requests.

im torn on this. if the woman was there in her official capacity as a doctor then i suppose its more egregious. if not it's hard for me to care at all as i think people, even doctors should not identify themselves with their titles or if they do they should not expect others to care about that kind of thing.

its also hard to know the motivations the guy had and i think it matters. if he was just being a cunt then that's worse than some kind of principled stance where he refuses to recognize the value of titles. i suspect the former though.

Last edited:
Why should you ever call someone a doctor? It's a job description when you refer to someone. It's not a royal title or anything like that.
Imagine feeling so entitled that you feel the need to be called doctor in a meeting. I don't believe there is any legal requirement and then he refers to her by her name which is appropriate. What about if he also has a doctorate and his doctorate is older than hers. Does he know have senior doctor rights and she loses her doctorness? I know who I would rather keep around in the meeting.
I definitely think she was over the top with it. I find it ridiculous to demand to be called by your title to make yourself feel important. Still if it is within reason, you should try and accommodate those sort of requests.

What kind of PHD does she have? If it’s some bullshit like women’s studies, this man is a hero. He stood up for all of humanity in this case.

edit: it was a volunteer position. Lol. Not even paid. That mans pride is intact.

double edit: Doctor of Public Health. That reads “liberal with head up ass telling others how to live not by science, but by politics”

it’s commonly demeaned as being “sociology” just masked. And sociologists destroy America with bullshit like critical race theory.

read the comments where sociology is mentioned

Last edited:

Yeah of course that's one option. His is another and he didn't do anything more than be as rude to her as she was to him. He was speaking, she repeatedly cut in on the least important thing in the conversation. She should have waited till it was her turn, addressed it at the start and anything after that would be in line with your point.

Yeah of course that's one option. His is another and he didn't do anything more than be as rude to her as she was to him. He was speaking, she repeatedly cut in on the least important thing in the conversation. She should have waited till it was her turn, addressed it at the start and anything after that would be in line with your point.

"my philosophy of research and practice is guided by principles of health equity, which is social justice in health"

images

But anyway it seems pretty petty from all really

Back